What's new

A Coolidor Primer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any additional advice/ideas on an adhesive to use for lining the inside of one's coolidor with spanish cedar veneer?

Thanks in advance!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Any additional advice/ideas on an adhesive to use for lining the inside of one's coolidor with spanish cedar veneer?

Thanks in advance!
I can not recall, someone who has done it will speak up.

But do you want to attach SC to the coolidor for just the looks to make it look cooler? Like has been said before if you are storing boxes of cigars in it you do not "need" to line it with cedar. I have 2 48qt's and just have to boxes stacked up inside. Now if you just want it to make it look pretty then go for it.

And enjoy!

John

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not recall, someone who has done it will speak up.

But do you want to attach SC to the coolidor for just the looks to make it look cooler? Like has been said before if you are storing boxes of cigars in it you do not "need" to line it with cedar. I have 2 48qt's and just have to boxes stacked up inside. Now if you just want it to make it look pretty then go for it.

And enjoy!

John
My original intent was for both looks, and to give it that 'genuine humidor' aroma. I saw another coolidor that had been put together with the SC veneer lining and I did like the look, so that was what sparked my initial interest in doing so, but it is nice to know that I won't *need* the lining to get that aroma, and that the boxes should be able to take care of that task on their own.

Thanks for the heads up!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i cant get rid of the plastic smell. multiple unscented soap washes, a couple bleach washes, 2 weeks in the garage lid open to air out, sun bleaching too. i dont smell it until it has been closed for a few hours now, but once closed and reopened the smell is very strong. i have 5 sc trays, should i put those in sans cigars for a couple days and see what happens to the smell then? getting very frustrated

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Splatt,

Im no expert on the matter, but I would maybe try a box of baking soda in there. If you have one of the oust fans in there, then that would certainly help it as well.

Im assuming this is still a new setup and not an existing one?

Thats just what I would do, if it were me..... And I may be wrong in doing so....

-Chrisso

pmd

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice timing on reviving this thread. Just picked up a 120qt cooler off CL this morning for $20. Finally decided I needed some deep storage space and for that much money I couldn't say no. On my way home I stopped by Rockler's which is a wood working shop looking for felt tape to help the seal and I ran across something called Straight Edge Grip Tape. This happened to be perfect for the seal so I grabbed two. It's a foam rubber tape that's 1/16th thick by 1/2" wide with an adhesive backing. It made such a tight seal that I've got to give it a tug to get the lid open. Just waiting on it to air out now..Photo Nov 20, 12 29 48 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 20, 12 30 01 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 20, 12 30 19 PM.jpg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will try the baking soda tonight thanks for the idea
One of the things that I have taking from the home brewing world.... Oxyclean regular power, it is a fantastic cleaner and oxygen sanitation. Mix with hot water, stir to disove. Close lid, let sit overnight, drain and rinse/air dry. It takes almost all of the oder if not all of it, and it will clean the tiny little scratches that cannot be seen in the plastic which can hold in bad smells, mold, ect.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
This is a great thread!

one tip - when cleaning your cooler, do not close the lid and pick up the cooler to shake the soapy water around.

You will find the imperfections in your seal very quickly!

only took me a few extra minutes to mop up the floor!
but hey - Clean Floor!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Forrest makes great stuff. Good guy,

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
FWIW I cant say enough positive things about wineadors.com.... high quality work.. very fair price... and I received excellent, responsive, customer service on a custom order (needed something between the size of his standard small and medium trays).. Forrest is good peeps..

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
FWIW I cant say enough positive things about wineadors.com.... high quality work.. very fair price... and I received excellent, responsive, customer service on a custom order (needed something between the size of his standard small and medium trays).. Forrest is good peeps..
^^this

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I would like throw in another endorsement for Forrest. Here are some photos of the trays I bought from him for my 60 Quart Igloo.

Empty

Filled

Stacked

Attachments

Last edited: