What's new

'03 Hoyo de Monterrey Des Dieux

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
As of today these are officially gone from one of the favorite purveyors- if not the favorite purveyor- who has had them for the last 10 years now...sad day indeed...Glad I stocked up in the last few weeks. I saw it coming. Lesson= buy when that 'thing' tells me/you to buy.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, he still had several boxes as of a couple months ago but yeah you could see it coming...seemed like all of a sudden everyone jumped on them.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Damnit! Knew I should have gone for them. Never again will I hesitate! :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had them in my cart last night... waiting for a big check to come in before I lay down that much on a box. Checked again today and they were gone. Sadface. I guess I'll buy a box of current production ones and hope they're half as good.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was wondering about that. I know that's ten year off, but think they'll be good?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Those are some very tasty sticks. Split a box of the '03s with someone. Regret I didn't get the whole cab of 50. Live and learn.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As of today these are officially gone from one of the favorite purveyors- if not the favorite purveyor- who has had them for the last 10 years now...sad day indeed...Glad I stocked up in the last few weeks. I saw it coming. Lesson= buy when that 'thing' tells me/you to buy.
Doug B. Where did you get yours?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
^ As of yesterday there were none but today there is at least one box back up there. The Yagermeister and pbibby go get 'em. Life is short (and sweet)...Current production will no doubt be exceptional in ten years- or sooner...but being able to buy excellent, vintage cigars- in a cab no less- makes this one a no brainer. If you guys don't get them I am. haha...In regards to where I got them- I am not comfortable with outing a source to someone I don't know and with 44 posts. No offense. Keep coming and I will, of course.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wedding in a month, money is tight! Go get em, Doug! They're all yours! A good brother should enjoy them!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
^ As of yesterday there were none but today there is at least one box back up there. The Yagermeister and pbibby go get 'em. Life is short (and sweet)...Current production will no doubt be exceptional in ten years- or sooner...but being able to buy excellent, vintage cigars- in a cab no less- makes this one a no brainer. If you guys don't get them I am. haha...In regards to where I got them- I am not comfortable with outing a source to someone I don't know and with 44 posts. No offense. Keep coming and I will, of course.
After posting here I emailed our friend R. asking if he expected any more to come in and he emailed me back last night saying he was putting the last few boxes up for sale. I snagged one immediately. I wasn't quite ready to drop the cash, but not sure when/if I'll have the opportunity again so I bit the bullet!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
After posting here I emailed our friend R. asking if he expected any more to come in and he emailed me back last night saying he was putting the last few boxes up for sale. I snagged one immediately. I wasn't quite ready to drop the cash, but not sure when/if I'll have the opportunity again so I bit the bullet!
good stuff! Congrats man!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
^ As of yesterday there were none but today there is at least one box back up there. The Yagermeister and pbibby go get 'em. Life is short (and sweet)...Current production will no doubt be exceptional in ten years- or sooner...but being able to buy excellent, vintage cigars- in a cab no less- makes this one a no brainer. If you guys don't get them I am. haha...In regards to where I got them- I am not comfortable with outing a source to someone I don't know and with 44 posts. No offense. Keep coming and I will, of coursoe.
I understand Doug. I was just curious if it was the same place I got it at...that's all. If I offended you by asking, my apologies. I guess I shouldn't have asked given i only 44 posts to my username. Basically, picked the code I wanted from an Excel spreedsheet he supplied and noted it in the comments section at checkout.

If anyone wants to know the source, please pm and i'll pass on the info and help.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
^ No worries man and certainly no offense- it is a touchy subject as you can imagine. Glad you are already established with him and yes, it is the same source. I am always willing to help another brother but sometimes it takes a little getting to know one another- which is normal.

Yager- Congrats man! That's a fantastic score and one you will absolutely not regret...and again, as of this morning they are gone again!

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
One of the best cigars I've ever smoked! And construction on these are surprisingly amazing especially for that year...at least from the cabs I've seen.