What's new

03 Monte C-Mmmmmmm

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Was able to snag a fiver of the 2003 Monte C from a bro. This was the stick of choice to celebrate 12 great years with my companion Shadow.

Beautiful stick. Well constructed and screamed "smoke me dammit".

Cut this bad boy with the Palio and, as expected, the perfect cut. Predraw was excellent with nice sweet flavors flying through it without any obstruction.

First and Second third had very little change. But that did not take anything away from the sweet honey and citris that exploded with this wonderful stick. Can't say I have had a more satisfying smoke in a long time.

Rolled into the final third with a little spice and chocolate. Still holding firm with the citris and the honey seemed to modify to a sweet peanut brittle like taste that filled my mouth.

The burn was not razor sharp, but never had to touch it up or relight it. Just the way I like it. The ash held it's ground to a point where I had to knock it off so I didn't look like a drunk idiot with a 2 inch ash in my drink.

Wish I had more of these. I would smoke them one after another. Outstanding stick. Definitely will satisfy the pallet.

Thanks for looking.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"Wish I had more of these. I would smoke them one after another."

That is quite the statement, glad you enjoyed them my friend, sad for you because of when you had to enjoy them!

You are still in my thoughts buddy!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
These are very nice smokes. I happen to really like these and the size is quite nice though wishing it was a bit longer. Sounds like they are ageing rather nicely too.