What's new

06 Montecristo Especiales No 1

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

06 Montecristo Especiales No. 1

Lanceros are my 2nd favorite vitola behind the Canonazo (Cohiba Siglo VI). *As I was rummaging through my humidor, the 06 Montecristo Especiales No. 1 was calling out to me. *Last time I smoked one of these was in Montreal with some friends.

The wrapper is a light, light shade of colorado brown. *Almost translucent. *Aromas of creamy chocolate, some leather and a hint of spice emanate from the wrapper.

The construction is decent. *A few soft spots at the foot of the cigar. *Nothing major. *The triple cap pigtail is a thing of beauty. *Just enough surface to get my punch in there. *

The cigar takes to my punch easily. *Cold draw reveals vanilla, a hint of spice and a touch of leather. *The draw is very loose. *Almost too easy to draw from. Will have to smoke this one slowly so it doesn't get bitter on me.

Time to take this to the flame.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Initial puffs take me by surprise. There is some power to this cigar. Earthiness, leather, spice, a whiff of licorice and black coffee. No hint of sweetness at all. Pure tobacco is all I taste in the afterfinish.

The draw is effortless. The billows of smoke coming out of the head and foot of the cigar are hypnotizing. I can't believe how much smoke is coming out of this thing, particularly from a small ring gauged cigar. WOW!!!

Creamy chocolate and that signature cuban twang has come in to say hi. There is a nice richness to this cigar. The burn line is razor sharp and the ash is a dirty greyish white. This cigar has some machismo to it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The smoke coming off this cigar is unbelievable!!!! It envelops me with every puff. It's like I am making a grand entrance on stage, walking though s smoke screen. TA DA!!!! Here i am. I can send smoke signals to my neighbour with this cigar.

The flavours are really singing to me now. Robust Earthy richness, with a hint of sweetness, creamy cocoa and a dose of cuban twang for good measure. I think that this cigar has actually gotten stronger with age. Robustness in a lancero. Pure, clean tobacco coats my palate and the finish runs like Forrest Gump across the country.

NO relights or touchups at all. Burns like a dream. A hit of floral notes come and go. Just enough to keep me guessing what is next.

DId I say that the smoke coming off this thing is UNBELIEVABLE?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The cigar is actually getting stronger as I smoke it. It's like Bruce Banner turning into the Incredible Hulk. A monolith of flavour and power is a thin, long cigar. I am going to nickname the remaining montes, Manny Pacquio!!!!

Deep, rich, robust flavours of earth, cocoa, cream, a touch of vanilla and cream have come to the party. The strength of the cigar is impressive and surprising. Glad I ate before having this. Some cedar and floral notes come in and out, like a drunk wanderer at a house party. LOL

This cigar has me mesmerized. Smoking it really slowly to fully appreciate the character of the cigar. It also gives me time for my palate to recover from the onslaught of flavours that I am experiencing. This is not a delicate cigar at all. Not for the faint of heart or an empty stomach. I might have to get the emergency sugar cubes ready. LOL

The cigar has gone out by itself. I think it senses I need a break. Like a punch drink fighter hoping that the bell will ring to signal the end of the round. A quick relight after a healthy gulp of water to take me to the finish line.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Final Impressions: two words: Power Personified. It's been a long time since a cigar has taken me to the limit, in terms of strength and flavour.

This cigar is mucho mucho fuerte. Not for the faint of heart. 6 years of age has not sapped it of its strength at all. It's actually gotten stronger!

The construction and draw on this is world class. The tobacco: fantastic.

IF you are looking for rich, robust, in your face, slam dunk flavours, this is the cigar for you. Just make sure you eat and have some water handy...

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Nice review. Had this happen to me the other night with a PC sized CC. Last 5 mins I was swimming in my head out of no where.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice review

I keep hearing lot's of good reviews on this cigar. Unfortunatly the box of 2007's didn't do much for me. But I'm not going to give up on them quite yet. As the this profile is what I've been looking for lately.