What's new

'06 RyJ Short Churchill

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Pre-light/inspection:
Beautifully constructed cigar, nice and firm, only one soft spot. Milk chocolate in color, no noticeably large veins or blemishes.

Clip/prelight-draw/aroma:
Nice clean cut, xikar multitool. Prelight draw perfect, nice resistance. Nice smell, a little sweet, woodsy.

Ambient conditions:
50F. 46% r/h, 3mph wind.

First 3rd:
Great taste, very smooth, medium bodied cigar, tastes of raisins, not much spice noticeable on the retrohale. A little chocolatie, but really the raisin flavor is coming through. Pairing this with a Green Mountain Coffee Roasters French press, k-cup. Tasty indeed.

Second 3rd:
Raisin taste is with me, no notable burn issues. A little leather is coming through, picking up a little more spice on the retro. Creamy.

Last 3rd:
One burn issue, fixed promptly, and about 5 minutes later I hit the softspot and had the cigar go out. After purge and relight, The flavor profile sure has picked up now, a lot more spice and leather, no off flavors peeking through yet. More chocolate is coming through, feeling a slight buzz, not sure if its the two cups of coffee or the cigar. Yum.

Conclusion:
A fine smoke indeed, well constructed, only one slight burn issue and a relight. Flavor profile, it is a very medium bodied smoke, prominent flavor throughout the smoke is that of raisins very nice. A little leather, some chocolate, tiny bit of spice here and there. Creamy and smooth. Would most defiantly would smoke again, and again.

Rating: 92pts

My first review, please be gentle! :drool:

Last edited:

Hot_Sauce

&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice review. I've only tried 1 and thought it was an okay smoke, But it sounds like I need to give another a try.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Sounds awesome! Great review. Was this one tubed or not? (and does it matter?). I'm very inexperienced in these types of sticks.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I'd like to try one with a bit of age on it. All of the ones that I've had have been pretty green. I keep trying to age some, but I end up smoking them. Even very young they are still such a great stick. But they have so much more potential.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sounds awesome! Great review. Was this one tubed or not? (and does it matter?). I'm very inexperienced in these types of sticks.
Theonly difference is the price. And the fact that (clearly) oneis more protected and leaves a memory behind. Same vitola and blend, though.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Theonly difference is the price. And the fact that (clearly) oneis more protected and leaves a memory behind. Same vitola and blend, though.
That's kind of what I figured. I personally think tubes are awesome and I"m starting to collect them, but more than a couple of each tube would seem unnecessary to me, and a box of the non-tubed would definately be the way to go. 'Course, I need to try a few first, lol. All in good time...muhahaha!

/diabolical laugh

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I'd like to try one with a bit of age on it. All of the ones that I've had have been pretty green. I keep trying to age some, but I end up smoking them. Even very young they are still such a great stick. But they have so much more potential.
Keep your hands off the young 1s. There to look at not taste!
But seriuosly Joe the 2 ive had from 06 are in theyre own league compared to newer productions. Im trying 1 and thats it for 6 months out of this box.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
how wierd i was just reading about this cigar.. im very glad to read about your personal inspection. I must try one of these now. that inspection was so well detailed i felt as though i was the one smoking the cigar lol good stuff.

Gordy:cbig: