What's new

07 Santos closed foot robusto

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
just got back from a great herf with some awesome BOTLs in SoCal. I figured one more cigar before I go to sleep. I step out onto the balcony to hears the sounds of Santa Monica. A quiet conversation is happening by poolside and the cars are cruising by.

This custom roll is from Crisantos 'Santos' Cardenas. An inhouse roller at the LCDH in the Commodoro Hotel in Miramar. Was gifted this cigar by a great BOTL. This cigar is from 2007 if I remember correctly.

The wrapper is a light, creamy brown. Little veins and silky to the touch. THe construction is impeccible. The cigar gives a little when squeezed and fairly firm throughout the cigar.

The wrapper gives off a smell that reminds me of a latte with heavy crema. Cold draw gives hints of cedar, and a touch of earthiness.

The draw is real easy. Billows of smoke from both ends. Initial puffs reveals some nuttiness, some caramel and a hint of spice. A couple more puffs reveals cocoa and pepper. I think that this is going to be a strong one.

the first third has some kick to it. dried nuts, earthiness, the signature cuban 'twang', and spice. Delicious.

the ash is a dirty grey. An inch in and it is still holding on.

The cigar is starting to kick my butt. It is mucho fuerte. Cedar is coming through now. It complements the earthy, nutty flavours of the cigar. A touch of honeydew is starting to mingle in as well. The aftertaste is llllooooggggg. Trying to puff slowly to enjoy this.

The second third bounces between the 3 dominant profiles. Earthy, nuttiness and cedar. An occasional blast of cocoa. This cigar really has some power to it.

Final third and this cigar is really flexing its muscles. The burn remains razor sharp. No touch ups thoughout the cigar. Loving the flavours from this cigar. The cocoa characteristics have moved up. The cigar is still billowing smoke like a chimney in the wintertime however, the draw is cool and easy. The construction on this thing is fantastic. gonna smoke this to the nub.

this is a rock star of a cigar. bold, brash, full of youth and power. glad I smoked this on a full stomach or esle I would be in a corner, whimpering like a baby. This is a bad a$$ cigar.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Geez! It's cigars like this that make me sad they're custom rolled. Sounded awesome! As always, awesome review Maverick!