What's new

08' Triunfador Lancero vs 2011 Vintage Triunfador Lancero

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey guys,

Has anyone compared the Original Release Lancero to the current vintage 2011 Lancero to see how similar they are? Just curious to see if they are as good...

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very similar in color, look, feel and taste. Did a back to back comparison a few weeks ago.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I guess I'm confused. I have a box of the OR and the 2010 where they changed the blend, band, etc. The OR versus the 2010 is a lot different. It's more mild, not as complex, and the wrapper is lighter... Are we saying that their is a new "2011 Vintage" line extension that Tatuaje released? ... or are you talking about the OR (brown label) versus the newer red label?

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Everything I've heard is that the new blend is way different from the old blend. I've had several people offer a premium on my 2 OR boxes.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
There is a large amount of confusion it seems.

There is a limited run of Original Blend Lancero being made.

This thread refers to limited run new releases in comparison to the original run from 2008.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
There is a large amount of confusion it seems.

There is a limited run of Original Blend Lancero being made.

This thread refers to limited run new releases in comparison to the original run from 2008.
I think he's referring to the one that comes with the Old Man and the C. I believe there is one that also comes with a Culebra in a coffin... correct?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Do the new ones (The original blends not the EL T extension line ) still have that incredible spicy back throat punch to them. I remember when they were released in Sept 08 thats what made me fall in love with them. I bought 2 OR boxes right when they released just because of that. But later in 09 I started to sample newer production boxes and to me they didnt have it nearly as much.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Do the new ones (The original blends not the EL T extension line ) still have that incredible spicy back throat punch to them. I remember when they were released in Sept 08 thats what made me fall in love with them. I bought 2 OR boxes right when they released just because of that. But later in 09 I started to sample newer production boxes and to me they didnt have it nearly as much.
I have to smoke another one of these to find out... memory lane. Can't remember. Can't wait to get to my B&M to try one again... thanks... maybe I'll smoke it at the Burning Leaf...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Nothing is ever as good as the original it seems, but the later release OB's with a year or so on them are still pretty tasty.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The '08s are something special, to be sure. I seldom grab a stick from that box for that reason (they are starting to PLUME too!). But I agree than any original blend EL T with a year of age on it is good.

What I'm curious about is the 2010 stock (this might be pertinant for the 2011 too). It seems to me that many of the broadleaf wrappers were REALLY spicy last year. Heck evne some of the Equador wrappers are particularly spicy last year.

I've always wondered if the Pork Tenderloin and T-Rex weren't so frickin' amazing because they happened to have that excellent uber-spicey wrapper, as opposed to them being "the perfect blend." They were so amazing and popular (selling for 2x their price on the 2ndary markets), I have to wonder why on earth Pete and Pepin wouldn't put them out as a regular LE at least, if not a full-prodction cigar.

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think he's referring to the one that comes with the Old Man and the C. I believe there is one that also comes with a Culebra in a coffin... correct?
No Tatuaje, put out the "Original Blend" Truinfador Lancero in 2011. Same box as 2008 but the box label is now My Father.

I spoke to Pete at Holts about this since he brought a few boxes of the 2011 with him (which is where I bought my box). He said that they were planning on releasing larger 100 count boxes in 2010, but bagged the idea and repurposed to the original 25 count boxes. He also said that they plann to release this "limited" on an ongoing (but not regular) basis.