What's new

'09 rass

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Origin: Cuba
Vitola: Robusto

Pre-Light Draw: Perfect. Open but not a wind tunnel
Pre-Light Flavor: Sweet raisins and cinnamon

construction: not the worst, not the best RASS I have seen. Wrapper is noticeably darker than normal. Nice cap. Clean foot.

1st third: Opens up with classic RASS flavors. Some spice, wood, and a gentle sweetness. The resting smoke on this thing smells incredible. They need to make a RASS candle. Continuing into the first inch, there are a lot of quick blasts of pepper. Some dark fruits (raisin, plumb) start to show up every now and again as well.

2nd third: As the second third starts up, the most prominent flavor is honey flavored graham crackers... nice and sweet with some grain/bread overtones. Beautiful. There are some nice citrus notes as well.

Final third: at this point this smoke is getting very creamy while staying in tune with tradition RASS awesomeness. I don't know why I don't have more boxes of these. They are incredible. I don't even think my OCT 07 box is smoking this good.

Verdict - 93-94
Should you buy them? YES.

pics:

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Oh man. That wrapper looks fantastic. Thanks for the review. It only served to confuse me more about what to order this week... :skew:

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Thanks for the review and pics. I had one recently that was incredible. Then I had another one about a week ago that, while still very good, was not as good as the first one. They were from the same box too. :dunno:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've had two, no idea on age. While they weren't "sick" in the sense of being sour or bitter, they were just kind a dull. Typical tobacco flavor from the region, and that was about it.

How long do these usually need to hit the "typical RASS awesomeness?"

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've had two, no idea on age. While they weren't "sick" in the sense of being sour or bitter, they were just kind a dull. Typical tobacco flavor from the region, and that was about it.

How long do these usually need to hit the "typical RASS awesomeness?"
Smoked an 01 yesterday that qualified.:starrylov