Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Stolen From CCW:)

Ramón Allones
2010 - Edición Regional Andino Regional Edition Series
Gladiator 52 x 170 (6.7") Double Robusto

Regional Edition The Andes
Cigars: Handmade.
Bands: Standard band B, with Regional Edition band for The Andes - Bolivia, Peru, & Ecuador (Andino B.P.E.).
Packaging: Numbered SNB50 (500 made)
Status: A 2010 release. Exclusive distributor Vegas del Caribe

Okay...first off just want to preference that I received this from a great brother as a "contest winning"...but there was no contest...

I also want to say that I am a fish out of water with CC's and really did not know what he had sent to me but he asked me to smoke it soon and let him know what I thought. I was hoping to smoke it on a special day but was unable to do to feeling under the weather. So I sparked this last night and about 1" into it...a on the spot review was requested. It has been a bit since I have done one of these so please pardon the lack of depth.

First impression was that it was a pretty impressive cigar. The double robusto is possibly my 2nd favorite size and number 1 if I have unlimited time to relax and enjoy. As you can see the cigar had minimal veins and just a beautiful hue to the wrapper. Accented with the two bands and this was a very impressive stick looking back at me in the humidor every time I opened it. I cut with my Palio and took a nice pre-lit draw. Had a nice sweet tobacco flavor with a bit of peppery spice to the tip of the tongue. Was not expecting this just due to the fact that with my little previous experience on two banded CC's the tobacco was the star and the spice was little till none.

1/3 - The spice on the tip of the tongue quick disappeared and the cigar had a very light airy smoke. There is just a little bit of sweetness rolling around in my mouth that reminds me of a citrus but as expected...the tobacco is the real star. I am normally not a retrohailer (sp?) but with this cigar I found myself exhaling most of the smoke through my nose to really get the full flavor of the smoke.

2/3 - 3/3 - I am combining these because they were pretty much spot on from each other. So let me first say that I really enjoyed the cigar up to this point...just a great flavor and profile and a lot lighter than what a normally smoke so it was a great change of pace. Then I hit the half way point and best way to describe this is being in a turbo car and you hit 3000 rpm and that is when your heart begins to pump. All of a sudden a really nice spice came up front and center. It truly tasted like fresh cracked black pepper and left a slight after tones of a cayenne. About 2-3 puffs later there was this delicious sweet flavor that came up and started to compete with the spice. The way that I described was a caramel or possibly a bit of a burnt marshmallow....TTB stated reminded him of caramelized figs and he pretty much hit it on the head when he said that. This flavor just carried like a symphony for the remainder of the cigar. The spice did seem to roll a little up and down but that flavor of the sweetness and the tobacco were the real stars of this cigar.

FINAL - In the end I really struggled to put into words how much I enjoyed this cigar so just took the pic that thought would say what I was feeling...

What would I give it...98/100
Cost is about $1000 a 50 cab...worth the $20 a pop? Here is the problem...I don't normally spend $20 on a stick. I would be more than happy to spend $20 for the 2 hours of enjoyment that I got out of this cigar.

Final verdict....buy em. Very limited release...and very good only a year after production. Not sure if it will get better with time...but I will say that with the spice now...they are amazing!

Thank you Tommygunz (Tommy Two Bands)...helluva amazing cigar and could not thank you enough for this opportunity. You are a great brother!

Thanks for listening!
Nick

p.s. I used spell check:)

Last edited:

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Nice Review, I am surprised you don't do more. Nice pics and write-up, that last photo is my favorite.

Glad you enjoyed. The real pleasure for me was reading this review, its nice when you can put a smile on a brother's face, thank you!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Very nice review Nick! I love me some CCs that transition throughout the cigar. One question. Did you get that great clean CC tobacco flavor on your palate that just lingers well after the cigar is done? Love me that long lasting finish on great CCs as well.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Very nice review Nick! I love me some CCs that transition throughout the cigar. One question. Did you get that great clean CC tobacco flavor on your palate that just lingers well after the cigar is done? Love me that long lasting finish on great CCs as well.
That's one of the first things I noticed when I started smoking CCs. On good ones, that long aftertaste is great. But on some, it's more like grass than tobacco, which i don't like as much. But in either case, they seem to leave my palate in better shape than NCs many times

... i.e. I've found that if I have a CC early on, then an NC later in the day, I often get more out of that 2nd stick than when I have an NC in the morning.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I did...and one of the things that I do love some of my favorite CC's is that the next day I didn't wake up with cigar mouth or even presence of it in my sinuses. I typically (as you know) smoke stronger cigars and tends to linger longer than you would want...even with brushing and rinse at night.

I know you are a big fan...if you have not tried this one Justin...I would highly suggest you try my friend. Was very impressed.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I love Ramon Allones. Their cigars are excellent, and I love the price on the RASS. This cigar however, looks to be one I need to get my hands on. Nice review.