What's new

100 rated

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I like Cubans but I feel like it's basically just one brand and every quote-unquote brand in the Cuban portfolio is actually a different line of the same brand. Not really all that much Variety in terms of flavor and strength.
You dont know what you're talking about

Go away bro

Take a nap old man

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I like Cubans but I feel like it's basically just one brand and every quote-unquote brand in the Cuban portfolio is actually a different line of the same brand. Not really all that much Variety in terms of flavor and strength.
They do all have similarities, and at one point they were all i smoked, Since then I have found I like the varieties of NCs much better especially in the strength department.

CCs require so much more care too. I want cigars I can just buy and smoke, and also just get singles or fivers. I've dumped almost all my CCs

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
They do all have similarities, and at one point they were all i smoked, Since then I have found I like the varieties of NCs much better especially in the strength department.

CCs require so much more care too. I want cigars I can just buy and smoke, and also just get singles or fivers. I've dumped almost all my CCs
There's maybe 2 good cigar factories when it comes go NCs

And 7,802 trash ones

I like NCs in my rotation, at 40% off msrp only

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

And 7,802 trash ones

I find almost anything coming out of Aganorsa is pretty dang good. They make some awesome tobacco too. Exploring Plasencia too now.

I have like a 40/60 mix, 40% cubans 60% NC's. Its taking so much longer for cubans to just get to me now, the mix is moving more heavily towards NC's now. Hesitant to buy with how bad ship times have gotten.

I'd never get rid of my CC's though haha! The cuban flavor is definitely unique. But its not the best. IMO Aganorsa Corojo is the *best* tasting tobacco in the world.

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@jvd1230 I dumped my CCs because I'm tired of maintaining storage separately at 62%, I have no interest in aging, and after smoking a lot of CCs I more or less got bored with them.

I was smoking 4-5 a day so I kind of burned out. Now it's more like 1-3, and I'm more interested in trying new/different blends. I love Warped. Bltc, Isabela, illusione, Roma, most anything by Saka, and like you most Aganorsa. The list is a lot longer, but most of which can be smoked rott or after a short acclimation time.

Last edited:

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

And 7,802 trash ones

I don't agree, but everyone's palette is different, you've got to smoke what you like. CCs used to be my entire top 10, now none of them are in my top 10.

A year ago I used to love cohiba red dots, so who knows what I'll be smoking next year. Lol

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Aficionado Magazine have rated a couple of antique CCs up there.

I remember a 99,and this is one group that matters when old CCs are discussed.

I think it would limit someone to declare a 100 point cigar, what if they met a better one ?

Or one just as good but different...........pointless to me.

and I don't feel the need to calibrate my palate to someone else..............

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good ratings might get me to try a cigar, but it certainly won't make me like em. It's just one person's opinion at one time, and there are so many other factors to take into account, never mind different palettes/preferences.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Always remember where the money is coming from. Wine Spectator, Cigar Aficionado and Whisky Advocate have a lot of backs to scratch. That's why their top rated lists mean nothing to me. Seems the biggest advertisers get consistently good ratings.

I'm still scratching my head about Dickel BIB being whiskey of the year.