What's new

100 rated

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've seen the way Shanken lights a cigar on his interview with Jordan, his opinion is no longer valid to me. I actually enjoy Halfwheels reviews quite a bit.
I think he's probably smoked enough cigars to know that there is no need for extended foreplay or voodoo or $300 lighters. Put fire on end, puff, smoke. I used to believe that the extended toasting and everything was "keeping the cigar cool" and "making it taste better" but c'mon…it's all just pretense. I light mine as quick as I can, as little exposure to the flame as possible, gets a perfect burn and zero difference in taste that any other way I've ever tried.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I don't agree, but everyone's palette is different, you've got to smoke what you like. CCs used to be my entire top 10, now none of them are in my top 10.

A year ago I used to love cohiba red dots, so who knows what I'll be smoking next year. Lol
Name 5 top tier factories aside from Aganorsa and My Father

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I mute all of your posts and still find you incredibly annoying and unbearable. Your entire post history is talking shit and being combative. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Let me guess, Davidoff trash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
His opinion, let it be. I’ve been a CC guy for a loooong time, but a lot of the new NC stuff is bringing back around. I’ve smoked more NC stuff in the last couple years than CC. A good CC almost always wins, but as we all know, you never know what you’re going to get in that CC. And the age you have to get on some of those sticks to get them in the best profile! No NC will compete with a well aged, proper Siglo, but that takes a lot of aging. I can pull out a Black Crack, CQ2, Warped Gran Reserva, Aganorsa CigarFed Exclusive, a Padrón ‘64 or a few others and get a great cigar after minimal rest. We’re getting some great blending on NCs right now.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
His opinion, let it be. I’ve been a CC guy for a loooong time, but a lot of the new NC stuff is bringing back around. I’ve smoked more NC stuff in the last couple years than CC. A good CC almost always wins, but as we all know, you never know what you’re going to get in that CC. And the age you have to get on some of those sticks to get them in the best profile! No NC will compete with a well aged, proper Siglo, but that takes a lot of aging. I can pull out a Black Crack, CQ2, Warped Gran Reserva, Aganorsa CigarFed Exclusive, a Padrón ‘64 or a few others and get a great cigar after minimal rest. We’re getting some great blending on NCs right now.

Aganorsa is winning right now for sure

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I mute all of your posts and still find you incredibly annoying and unbearable. Your entire post history is talking shit and being combative. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Let me guess, Davidoff trash?

Don’t let Chuck ruffle your feathers

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I honestly don't pay attention to the factories much, more the brands that I consistently like. Right now warped is my biggest favorite with many others close behind. Bltc. Roma. Isabela, illusione, Dunbarton, Rojas. Padrons are great some Fuentes, Ashton, DC, Oliva, Aladino, it's a pretty long list

Last edited:

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Now I'm curious, which Boondocks Saint size? I think there were 2 or 3 sizes. You're mentioning entire lines, not specific cigars.
Boondock Corona Larga

I tried to nail down a specific 1964 but to me they run very similar and perform spectacularly all around.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No such thing as a 100 rated cigar. ..it's a unicorn and completely subjective anyway. We hope and pray for great cigars and we come across them frequently be it CCs or NCs....but 100....c'mon ....don't be a dick * you knew it was coming ( dick joke )giphy.gif

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
No such thing as a 100 rated cigar. ..it's a unicorn and completely subjective anyway. We hope and pray for great cigars and we come across them frequently be it CCs or NCs....but 100....c'mon ....don't be a dick * you knew it was coming ( dick joke )View attachment 153308
Ramon Allones Phoenicia (other than slightly off burn, but I don’t care about that)
80s CC Davidoff Dom Perignon
Early 2000s Cohiba Lancero
Aged Tatuaje T-110
80s CC Dunhill Mojito

When I smoked them, there were some others that I would have put a 100 on...

My first Tat Black Label CG
A few Tat Brown Label Havana Cazadores
Padron 40th
Old Añejo Sharks
Aged Opus

I probably wouldn’t put any of those second group there now, but it always depends on which stick, how you’re doing at the time, what you ate/drank, who you’re with, and what you’ve been exposed to before then. I’ve had a handful of Phoenicia’s, but the first one blew my mind! The T-110 is a 100 every time a smoke one. Cohibas can always be finicky. But that’s just my 2 cents.