What's new

10mm

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It sucks how? The ballistics of it are far superior to many other offerings, depending on what you want to do with it. I can't wait to have Fusion build me a 6" 1911 in 10mm for hog hunting.

The only reason I would say it sucks is because it gave birth to the stupid .40 S&W :hammersma

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
.40 S&W is a shortened version of 10mm. So think same projectile size, but astronomically different velocities.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I love my Glock 20. The ammo is expensive, but the ballistics are great. I have a few pistols (9mm, .40 cal, .45 acp), but the 10mm Glock 20 is the one I keep in my nightstand...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The 10mm is a great round ballistically. Practically speaking, not so much. The reason it lost favor to the .40 IMO is because its a more violent round to shoot, and was jacking up the original frames of the pistols it was designed around.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Had nothing to do with the frames. It had to do with shooters being unable to control the recoil, specifically for fast split times in follow up shots.

eta: Not saying that as time went on, certain guns didn't experience that. But that's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've got a 9 and a .45. I've got no desire for a .40, but have a real itch for a 10mm.
Well, I just watched Faster and when Billy Bob shot Dwyane Johnson at point blank range in the back of his head with his 9mm Glock, Dwayne didn't even die. I'd suggest you upgrade.

The .44 magazine Redhawk used in the movie would be a good start...

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
The only reason I would say it sucks is because it gave birth to the stupid .40 S&W :hammersma
This is awesome! :thumbsup:

The ballistics on a 10mm coming out of a 6" are "shit your pants" good. If you ever have the itch to either shoot through a vault, or shoot an airplane out of the sky this is the caliber you need.

All joking aside though, the 10mm is a great round. Statistically it speaks for itself. It is a high powered round that can be fired from a semi-auto pistol. They can easily penetrate through windshields and cars and things like that, which is why many police officers and merc's like a 10mm.

Plus I think for the price you pay for a .40S&W, its rounds and everything else, I feel for the money you should have bought a 10mm. Just my $.02.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
which is why many police officers and merc's like a 10mm.
Out of curiousity, do you know of any police departments that issue 10mm? What is their duty ammo? In Seattle they'll let you carry a G21 afer taking some "special test" but then you get Winchester Ranger 230gr +Ps as your duty ammo. :popeyes:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know a guy that uses a Wilson Combat custom 10mm on the Dallas Gang Task Force. I am not sure what ammo he is issued, but I know he loves to carry it and a back up S&W .38spc revolver.

I did hear that you have to be on the force for a certain amount of time before your allowed to carry a 1911. As far as 10mm goes I have no clue as to what the requirements are with that.

Out of curiousity, do you know of any police departments that issue 10mm? What is their duty ammo? In Seattle they'll let you carry a G21 afer taking some "special test" but then you get Winchester Ranger 230gr +Ps as your duty ammo. :popeyes: