What's new

12 Bottle Wineador - count?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the chance to grab a scratch and dent NewAir 12 bottle for $60. Wine coolers on CL or other places are very rare in my area, gas station wine doesn't need temp control. I need a wineador as I dont have A/C and temps regularly hit 80-90+ with humidity being high, like above 100% high. I don't need or want big. Not only is premium a space in my place but I don't plan on keeping tons of sticks on hand.

Anyone that has or has had a 12 count, how many sticks have you fit in it?

I read a couple people guessing anything between 5-10 boxes, but nothing from people who actually had them.

I figure keep 1 or 2 bundles of $4-5ish for fishing/kayaking and non cigar friends, 50 or so mid shelf daily smokes, and a handful of high end/ special occasion smokes. Unless I find someone that's going out of country I don't plan on having a big stockpile.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It's not that big, will hold about 6-10 boxes depending on their size and shape. The problem is that it will not work well for those temps. You'll get a ton of condensation in there. If you can keep the room temp down a little under 80 then it will work.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you do that you need to find tupperdors that will fit the refrigerator. Loose the boxes, they just take up room and go with loose sticks in Tupperware. How many pieces of Tupperware will fit in the cooler and how many cigars will fit in the Tupperware? Then buy yourself a bunch of Bovedas. You will store more cigars in 1 gallon ziplocks then with Tupperware.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Currently in my twelve bottle wino I have my old 40 stick desktop humi three 10ct boxes a 25 ct box and 4x 4packs. I could still easily fit another 6 10ct box of cc (which seem to come in smaller boxes.) Or 4 boxes of non Cuban cigars which tend to come in bulkier boxes

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not that big, will hold about 6-10 boxes depending on their size and shape. The problem is that it will not work well for those temps. You'll get a ton of condensation in there. If you can keep the room temp down a little under 80 then it will work.
Im going to do what I can. I haven't done a summer in this place. I may get a window unit or even redneck a/c just to keep it in the mid 70s because I cant sleep in that kind of heat. But it'll depend on running costs as to how much its run.

If you do that you need to find tupperdors that will fit the refrigerator. Loose the boxes, they just take up room and go with loose sticks in Tupperware. How many pieces of Tupperware will fit in the cooler and how many cigars will fit in the Tupperware? Then buy yourself a bunch of Bovedas. You will store more cigars in 1 gallon ziplocks then with Tupperware.
I don't plan on having actual boxes. I have a guy at work that does woodworking and donates profits to a charity. He said a couple shelves would be cake.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Im going to do what I can. I haven't done a summer in this place. I may get a window unit or even redneck a/c just to keep it in the mid 70s because I cant sleep in that kind of heat. But it'll depend on running costs as to how much its run.

I don't plan on having actual boxes. I have a guy at work that does woodworking and donates profits to a charity. He said a couple shelves would be cake.
Frigidaire window unit will be worth its weight in gold. Even the base model.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine not having ac. I've been surprised at the number of members who don't have ac. I don't know how you guys do it.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have an 8 bottle unit that holds a cab of Partagas Shorts, cab of Punch Punch and a box of Montecristo Edmundos. If it had another row for bottles I'm sure I could fit another 3 or 4 boxes or maybe a couple more cabs.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If I had that kind of temp variance I would get a small beverage refrigerator with an ETC set to like 65-69*, and then use Tupperdores inside with Bovedas. Separate the temp control from the humidity control so you don’t have to worry about condensation messing with things. Basically create a mini temp controlled environment and then put your tupperdores into that environment.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't imagine not having ac. I've been surprised at the number of members who don't have ac. I don't know how you guys do it.
When you were an enclosed space welder that would work in 90+ degree temps, even in the middle of 20 degree NY winters, while wearing leather sleeves and a hood you get used to it real fast

If I had that kind of temp variance I would get a small beverage refrigerator with an ETC set to like 65-69*, and then use Tupperdores inside with Bovedas. Separate the temp control from the humidity control so you don’t have to worry about condensation messing with things. Basically create a mini temp controlled environment and then put your tupperdores into that environment.
That was my original thought but people were recommending against it for some reason

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
When you were an enclosed space welder that would work in 90+ degree temps, even in the middle of 20 degree NY winters, while wearing leather sleeves and a hood you get used to it real fast

That was my original thought but people were recommending against it for some reason
I think there may have been a misunderstanding on one part or the other If they were against it.

Using a condenser unit as a humidor would be problematic as the cooling unit creates wild issues with humidity. But, if you use the fridge to create an temp-controlled environment inside, and then use airtight storage containers with bovedas to control humidity inside each container, it’s the same as using tupperdores in a temp-controlled house. Separating the temp and rh controls eliminates the issue and for the kind of temp variables you’re talking about, it’s about the only way to do it.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Unless I find someone that's going out of country I don't plan on having a big stockpile.
Logout and never look at this place again...jk

I have a 8 and 12 count for some overflow and pipe tobacco. I never plug them in and just bought a window AC. it was easier for me to keep the room temp down then chase the temp swings inside. The whole room stays cool during the hot months and I'm not worried about any excess moisture.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
@gmm213
X2 on the ziplock bags with Boveda inside them or small sealed Tupperware inside cooler. Have you used Boveda? What RH you shooting for?

Stupid Tapatalk