What's new

$1200 Gov. check

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What the hell man. I do direct deposit and I'm lower than CatMac on the number scale. They must really be doing this in a haphazard way...I filed well early as well...

Hmmm..I used TaxCut, I wonder if that's going to cause the same freaking issue.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
How does it work if you had to PAY and used direct payment from the checking account? Electronic payment or Paper?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I believe the only way it causes a paper check is if you paid for the use from your refund.

If you bought turbotax, paid for the online use of turbotax with a credit card, or paid from a balance in checking account, I think you are fine for direct deposit.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I believe the only way it causes a paper check is if you paid for the use from your refund.

If you bought turbotax, paid for the online use of turbotax with a credit card, or paid from a balance in checking account, I think you are fine for direct deposit.
You must be correct because I purchased Turbo Tax and paid for my fees with my debit card instead of having it deducted from my refund. My stimulus check showed up right on time in my account.

thecatmac

IS IN THE HOUSE!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
See, there sending them all to Michigan first because most of us are either laid off, on strike, no job, just took another cut in pay, or just plain broke......:grin: :grin: :grin:

justinphilly

makin dollars out of $.15
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A friend of mine hasnt gotten his yet.. He direct deposited too! Good luck trying to find any customer service on the IRS phone lines..

Has anyone who direct deposited their returns NOT get their stimulus.?

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got mine. Gave my wife and youngest daughter their cuts (kids is for college). Turned mine into a few Carlito GOF 2005s and a couple OpusX. The rest goes into the boat and bike:smokingbo

Sarge:cool:

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
A friend of mine hasnt gotten his yet.. He direct deposited too! Good luck trying to find any customer service on the IRS phone lines..

Has anyone who direct deposited their returns NOT get their stimulus.?
I had my refund direct deposited and have not received my stimulus rebate yet. I read somewhere though that if you had your refund fees (H&R Block) taken out of your refund instead of paying up front then you will have your rebate mailed to you for some strange reason.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I had my refund direct deposited and have not received my stimulus rebate yet. I read somewhere though that if you had your refund fees (H&R Block) taken out of your refund instead of paying up front then you will have your rebate mailed to you for some strange reason.
I've heard the same. I guess it's because H&R block collects your refund and distributes it to you or some smack like that. I did mine through Taxact(.com) and received mine a few weeks ago.

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I did my taxes and got my refund back in Feb. Got my "stimulus" check like three weeks ago or so. Just sent the whole thing to my credit card. Gotta pay that sucker back down after all the moving expenses....