What's new

16-13

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Wade tune in Oct. 7th for the Sunday night game via NBC. You'll see that Bears D up close and personal stop that high school offense the pack has done nothing for Favre in years.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Wade you're talking like you're Bret Favre or something. "One game at a time, I'm gonna worry bout the NY football Giants first." That's pretty funny considering that's exactly what Bret said during his post game interview. You cheese heads are frickn' funny putting all your stock in a womanizing drunk.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
You cheese heads are frickn' funny putting all your stock in a womanizing drunk.
Not sure how many years you've not followed football, but that was quite some time ago and those days are LONG gone. While I giggle at thinking about how many quarterbacks Chicago has had since Brett took over the starting QB job in Green Bay, (hell, we've had four presidential elections since then) I tend to forgive Brett's earlier "womanizing drunk" days and look at him in this light:

A certain first-ballot Hall of Famer

The league's all-time leader in pass completions (5,021), ranks second in passing yards (57,500), attempts (8,224) and touchdowns (414), all behind the prolific Dan Marino

With 148 victories as quarterback, ranks tied for first with John Elway (148)

Finished 2006 with 5,021 career completions, more than any NFL passer ever, surpassing Marino (4,967) in 2006

Is one of only four quarterbacks in league history to post as many as four 4,000-yard seasons (also doing so in 1995, '98-99); Marino (6), Peyton Manning (7) and Warren Moon (4) are the others

Has solidified his standing among the game's all-time elite by earning the NFL's 'MVP' honor a record three times, capturing the Associated Press award over the 1995, 1996 and 1997 seasons; he was runner-up in 2002 as well

Upon taking over the reins as the Green and Gold's signal caller Sept. 20, 1992, has started the ensuing 237 contests, a record for NFL quarterbacks and, astoundingly, the third-longest recorded streak in league annals

During 15 campaigns under center for Green Bay, has led Packers to 10 postseason appearances, including six division crowns, three NFC Championship Games, two Super Bowls and a World Championship with a victory in Super Bowl XXXI

In February 2004, he was named as the No. 1 'Toughest Athlete in Sports' by USA Today

Favre once again topped the Harris Poll, in a survey of American sports fans, as the nation's favorite football player in 2006 and placed third among all sports figures, behind Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan

In further similar documentation, a 2005 nationwide vote of more than a half-million viewers for The Discovery Channel's special, '100 Greatest Americans,' ranked Favre No. 89

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Even though I'm still hurting from the Eagles MELT-DOWN last night, I agree with Wade. Favre is certainly the man! It's literally impossible to deny. (See Wade's post above) If my Eagles or Saints can't get to the Super Bowl, then Green Bay is my next favorite to see go. Brett needs; DESERVES, that ring....