What's new

1940's 'Little Dan O'Brian'

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Today I put to flame an oldie, but goodie...

Circa 1940's Little Dan O'Brian, Buffalo, NY.

The clip was dry, but held together & drew a little tight, this would lighten up significantly in short order. The initial tastes were a bit dry, lemon & pepper bit in the first few pulls. Tight, dense ash, but fell in first 3/4".

This had some surprising strength with a little citrussy sweetness. A bit of clove-like flavor mixed with black pepper...

It gained more strength in 2/3. Spiciness coming through on the tip of my tongue. Now I start getting some mint...

Old cigars have a unique taste to them, there is no 'vegitativeness' typical of the 'young' smokes I am used to. It almost has more of an incense-like quality to it.

The ash is a bit flakey now as the stick mellows out. Interestingly, the original flavors are intensifying and becoming more rich & discernable.

I'm getting more mint, a little less spice, but I'm noticing wheat-grass-like sweetness, maple & cedar.

Rich & delicious is the final verdict - especially the last inch. I thoroughly nubbed this. It was a real treat & honor to have the opportunity to smoke, what I view as, a little taste of history.