What's new

1950's It's A Girl Clear Havana

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
So today I finally got a chance to enjoy a celebratory stick. I wasn't sure what I wanted to smoke to celibrate the birth of our first child Alexa. I settled on a stick that seemed all to perfect. A 1950's R.G. Dun "It's A Girl" clear havana. I'd like to thank Mitch for sending me this stick. It couldn't have been more perfect. I owe you one buddy.
The stick had a pink cello that said "It's A Girl". It was definitely tinting to a dull orange though. The band, like with many old sticks, came off with the cello. There was a hole in the head, no need to cut. The stick was in very good condition considering its many years. Pre-draw tasted light & airy. I said to myself, I hope this stick rocks because it's my first in almost a month.
The first third was smooth & light. I got a touch of vanilla & loads of sweet honey. I also got that old school Cuban grassy taste. The ash is holding solid & strong. I'm getting big clouds of smoke with each puff. The burn is razor sharp.
The second third the vanilla is gone & the honey has become fainter. Now I'm getting light spice. Cinnamon, & not that powdered stuff. Fresh cinnamon stick. It gets a little stronger as the stick progresses. Still no issues with this stick.
The last third I'm still getting cinnamon & the sweet Cuban grass taste is back now too. I'm a little upset that this smoke is nearing the end. The spice mellows as it goes down to a tiny nub. I still have a faint sweet taste on my lips from it.
This smoke was perfect in every single way. 10/10 Hands down. This was quite possibly my most special smoke. I just wanted to share it with you all. Daddy loves you Alexa!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Nicely done there Joe, thanks for sharing and Congrats!

Last edited:

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Knew you'd find a little time to smoke. Congratulations, once again and, great review and pics. I can see it had a fantastic ash... how about the construction?