What's new

1959 Montecristo #4

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
A very generous friend gave me one of these the other day. I'm told it's a 59 Montecristo #4 and I have no doubt that it is indeed just that. I'm guessing that under the band is a Q/C band w/ a date, but I'm going to have to wait until I smoke this bad boy to find out for sure.

The only thing is I can't figure out how I'm going to smoke this. I don't want to "just smoke" it on my porch tomorrow night, but that's what cigars are for.

Anyways, I just wanted to share a special gift from a dear friend.

Hopefully I won't be too lit up to remember what this thing tasted like and I'll post a review.

-Rob

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It still has a nice smell to it. It's hard to tell in the phot, but it has a hardcore box press to it. I'll be smoking it around 9:30ish tomorrow night.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow Rob! That is sooooooo sweet! Light it up and enjoy it, cigars are for smoking....make sure you let us know what you think man. Glad to hear you were gifted with such a rare cigar.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Full report.

Some of the best experiences of cigar smoking is just a normal time with me and a cigar. Nothing else going on, and that is when I can really appreciate the cigar.

That looks great. Please take some photos as you smoke it.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I smoked it! It was quite the experience man...not only was it a great cigar but the mood I was in last night made it an unforgetable smoke.

I'll do a short review later, I'm off to the park with the kids.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Sometimes even a marginal cigar can seem much better when the mood and setting are right. Glad to hear it was a great experience. So many people have commented that really old cigars (40+ years) have a very flat taste.