What's new

1959 Montecristo #4

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
*I don't usually write reviews, this one reminds me why I don't! *

I was given this cigar by a very dear friend and it's hard to believe that it's 47 years old. It looks like it could have been rolled and boxed within the last 10 years or so. The most noticable thing is that it doesn't have that "smell" to it that's usually a tell-tale habano quality.

I had an unusally rough day being dad and such and had been eyeing this cigar for almost 2 weeks, so I figured now was as good as any to smoke the cigar...so I did.

This cigar was pretty mellow but full of spice and a slight clove taste that stayed up until the end of the first quarter of the stick. The 2nd and 3rd quarter of the cigar was nothing short of phenomenal! The flavors stayed consistant from start to finish never a flat point at all.

I can honestly say that this was a hard cigar to put down and try to imagine what I looked like smoking the nub of the cigar as I drove down the road...pretty funny!
This is all that's left!

While smoking this I felt like it was an absentee herf so to speak...A cigar from a friend miles away, music from a friend far away, and driving to a friends house minutes away. It made me think of how valuable friendships and brotherhood really are.

Smoking this cigar was more mental relaxtion than it was smoking pleasure. I'm not saying that it was a bad cigar, but the secondary benefits far outweighed the actual cigar experience.
-Rob

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Terrific review. That would have been so hard for me to not smoke and to smoke at the same time. You smoked a piece of history , a piece of art and the gift of a friend. If we all could be this lucky.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm pretty stoked that I smoked it. I think everybody has the one cigar that we absolutely refuse to light up, and this could've easily have been the one.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Awesome review Rob. I'm glad that one of the best was able to smoke a cigar of such stature and age. A great brother deserves a great cigar.

Great review buddy.