What's new

1970's ERDM Lonsdale

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I figured what better day than my 11 year anniversary to burn the 1970's ERDM Lonsdale gifted to me by Mark last fall.

The cigar had hints of it's 30 year age...faded band...slight flaws in the wrapper, etc.

Clipped the stick with my palio and tested the draw...which was perfect.

Sparked the bad boy up with a torch lighter and immediately detected a fruity taste accompanied by the signature "mildness" of the ERDM line...to me atleast. I literally, and did much of the time, inhaled the smoke from the cigar.

The burn was razor sharp and the ash held for as long as I wanted it to.

Overall, the stick continued to have a slight fruity after taste along with a hint of nutmeg. Not much change of taste throughout the duration of the smoke. Pretty 1 dimensional but quite a pleasant "dimension".

The cigar needed no touchups and the length of smoke was 45 minutes.

I thoroughly enjoyed this special stick on a special occasion. Thank you Mark for letting me enjoy such a wonderful cigar!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I would agree that it's not overly complex but tons of flavor. I was pleasantly surprised at just how much.

Glad you enjoyed it bro but am surprised to took so long! LOL!

~Mark

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I was gifted one of these from Kevin at the NJ HEFF. I described mine as smoking honeysuckle for first half. I smoked mine too fast and turned harsh the last 1/3. Too bad I learned something that was 30 years old.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
Good review, I would have expected a 1970's anything to smoke a little better than an 8. I guess it shows you that age doesn't always make a cigar a masterpiece.
Actually meant to put a 9 there...edited it.

Thanks!