What's new

1986 punch ninfa.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
been eyeing this in the humidor with curiousity for a while. Got this is a box pass a long time ago. A case of insomnia, kids in bed and some decent temperature outside, I figured I would light this up.

This cigar is very delicate. 33 ring gauge by 7 inches long. Will have to smoke this one slowly. A whiff of the wrapper reveals a ton of chocolate. Cold draw shows hints of cedar, chocolate, creme brulee. Thsi will be interesting.

The most slightest of cuts from my palio and we are on our way.

This is very easy to light due to the small ring gauge.

First few puffs has a very clean flavour to it. I find that older, quality cigars have this trait. Very easy to retrohale. Nothing like the flavours of pure tobacco. Hints of nutmeg, a faint touch of cedar, chocolate and strawberries come through. Sipping on this like a fine scotch.

No harshness whatsoever. Very delicate. Really have to concentrate to distinguish the flavours. A dream to retrohale. The burn is razor sharp. trying to keep it to a puff a minute. The rain is picking up. Time to grab some scotch.

As I get through the first third, I keep thinking to myself pecan tart with strawberries. Very interesting.

The draw on this is just how I like it. Not too firm. A little resistance is good. Smoke coming off of this is decent and the ash is holding on after about an inch in still.

My good friend, highland park 18, has joined me to keep me warm. LOL. The cedar notes are starting to be more promounced. Or is that oolong tea? None the less, the creme brulee characteristic that I expeienced in the cold draw has come back for a return engagement as well.

Getting into the 2nd third, all I can say is S'MORES!!!! Graham cracker, chocolate, a touch of honey and a hint of marshmellow. Brings me back to my childhood.

This is like a candy bar. chocolate,honey and a little nuttiness (nutmeg?) are showing nicely. Graham cracker is still evident but taking a back seat to the other flavours.

Getting into the final third now. I have to admit as much as I am enjoying the complexities and subtle nuances of this ninfa, I do miss the lack of strength found in newer cigars. The flavours are very delicate and takes concentration however, I can't help wishing that there was more oomph to this.

No real change since the 2nd third. Flavours are in harmony. Wish this had more 'power' to it. Nearing the end...

Overall, a nice 'change of pace' cigar. Really helps you slow down life for a bit. I enjoyed the subtety of this cigar however, it does leave me wanting more.

Hope you enjoyed the review.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I really enjoyed that review, had my mouth watering. I enjoy those type of cigars once in a while, mild but complex. You're right, it slows down life, if only for an hour, give or take.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow! Amazing review!!! That sounded like a phenomenal experience!

I still find it amazing when people smoke cigars older than me, or in this case, 2 years younger than me! haha.