What's new

1988 - Gotta Love It!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Was that given as a joke or is that really your machine?
My boss was cleaning out his house and brought in a 1/2 dozen computers to see if I could use any parts. I spotted this little gem immediately and tossed everything else.

I think it's sweet!

Gonna try to fire it up later. :nodlaugh:

~Mark

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ah ... the old toaster ... I made a living using that computer and the Apple ][ and Apple ][+ (and then the ][e)

We wrote education software (K-12) for the Apple, Tandy1000, TRS-80, Com64.

We wrote and printed the documentation and user's manuals on that with Adobe. I used to code in basic and do subs for 6502 processor.

In working condition I bet it goes for mucho bucks (10k?) on ebay

I think another grey hair just popped up ....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I used to have a mac classic but I think it was stored in a closet at my moms place and she got rid of it. It was pretty advanced at the time with 40MB hard drive.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Mark,

Are you opening a museum? I can probably drum up a 286 sx if you need a comparison model in the Mac vs. PC saga.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have more "Classic" Macs than you can shake a stick at. There were several different models over the years and for a while, I was trying to collect one of each. But some are just too damn expensive to justify because of collector purposes (mainly, the original and the later color models)

LIST OF ALL "CLASSIC" MAC MODELS:

Macintosh (128k) *
Macintosh 512k
Macintosh 512ke *
Macintosh Plus
Macintosh SE
Macintosh SE FDHD
Macintosh SE/30
Macintosh Classic
Macintosh Classic II (AKA Performa 200)
Macintosh Color Classic *
Macntosh Color Classic II (Asian Market Only) *

* = Models I'm missing

In total, I have somewhere around 14 of these little guys at home...and a couple years ago, I disposed of over 20 others!

BTW, here's some great info on the SE series (what you've got):
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/ccadams/se/

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I had an Apple IIe with dual floppy drives. I remember using the Compaq portable computer. I think it was about 20 lbs. with a little midget screen. Man I feel old. Any TRS-80 users?

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I had an Apple IIe with dual floppy drives. I remember using the Compaq portable computer. I think it was about 20 lbs. with a little midget screen. Man I feel old. Any TRS-80 users?
My first computer was a TRS-80 CCIII. Damn RF convertor plug busted and I lost track of it. There are a few emulators out there if you need your Androne, Color Baseball, or Downland fix.