What's new

(1996) H Upmann Connoisseurs No. 1

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
First off, sorry for the crumby pictures. My iphone was the only camera at the my disposal during the duration of this smoke.

For review today was…

H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1
Size (Shape): 5 X 48 (Robusto)
Year of Production: 1996
Packaging (Code): SLB of 25 (SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-25)
Origin: Cuba
Hand Made

First third: The open was astonishing, and incredibly complex. I am normally not one to recognize leather, but to have ignored it in this stick would be impossible. It seemed very mild, but there was such an amazing amount of depth; wood, cherry and a light spice that sat on the back of your throat.

Middle third: Wood being the dominate flavor, the finish went on forever. By this point, I had yet to find any fault in the profile of this cigar. Unfortunately, this was when the wrapper began to unravel.

Final third: The evolution from one third to another continued to keep me very interested. The spice almost entire subsided, and any feeling of heat was from the actual temperature difference. I wish this stick would have lasted forever. So many different flavors of wood, leather, and sweetness.

Overall impression: This is a great example of how age can really change a cigar for the better. I believe that the last 14 years have really toned down the intensity and allowed more intricacies to emerged in this Upmann. At the same time, I feel that in a few years this will begin to pass its “prime”, and become dull. CC’s from the mid to late 90’s seem to be so inconsistent. Fortunately for me, this was not the case. I will not hesitate to acquire this smoke if the situation where to ever present itself again.

According to my cigar review template, ( [ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=35967"]Very Powerful Cigar Review Template & More - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame] ) This cigar earns a 95

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Just saw this. Great review man! The upmann connie 1 is definitely a favorite of mine. It's certainly one of the robusto's that doesn't get a lot of attention but delivers everytime.