What's new

1rst box suggestion...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ok folks, assuming I get what I asked for from my Father for Christmas (and I usually do), I'll have some free NC purchases coming up. This means that my purchase fund will be left untouched. That hopefully means that my first Habanos box purchase will be upcoming. I've got my own ideas on what it might be, but I'm interested in your input.

I prefer smokes between corona and torpedo size and I tend to grab the smaller smokes more often than the larger ones. I'm not looking for something that's going to knock me on my rear everytime I smoke, but I do have a pretty high tolerance and have yet to get hit hard with a buzz from a cigar, so that might not be that big of a deal. I am looking for something big on taste though.

Thanks for the input folks!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Two of my favs are the RyJ Cazadores (6 3/8 x 44) little longer than a corona size and the Punch Punch (5 5/8 x 46). Both are very tasty and excellent sticks.

Don't know if that is what your looking for, but both are definately worth a serious consideration IMO.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ok, I knew I hadn't given enough info! :)

Mark, I'm really not sure what to put down as a price range, because I don't know what these things cost. All the sources I've checked out have had prices all over the place. That being said, I would like to stay as close to $200 or under as possible.

Stength, like I said, I don't want something that's going to nock me on my ass, but it doesn't have to be a pansy-stick either.

Flavor, as long as their is plenty of it I'll be happy, but the cocoa and caramel tastes are always great for me.

One other thing, if you guys want to comment, I'm going to want something where I can pull out say 5 sticks to smoke right away and then age the rest. So it will either have to be something that is smoking well right now and still has time before the sick period, or something already aged. I've heard that the 2004 RASS are smoking very well right now so they are high on the list of course.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The VR Fams are already on the list, haven't looked at the Epi #2's. Now let me show my complete habanos newbieness in asking, what's Epi? You guys and your acronyms and shortaned names...do you know how long it took me to figure out RASS?! :lol:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure you're going to get suggestions all over the map, but here a couple of ideas that may interest you, besides the good suggestions already made:

Being the Punch Whore that I am I will of course recommend Punch vitoals, starting with Punch Royal Selection #11, a great and tasty medium bodied Corona Gorda, which comes in a SLB of 25, and are often easy to find for under $200.

If you want something a little smaller like a PC, there are two great PCs in the Punch marquee, both are worth the effort and the price. The first is the Petit Corona del Punch, the other is Royal Selection #12. The PCdP is heavier bodied than the RS12, and generally has more twang. Both are great and distinct PC's in their own right.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
N2Advnture said:
For the money, you can't beat 03 VR Famosos or Epi #2....no aging required :smt023
I agree with Marks recommendation and would also add PSD4... a really good go to cigar and never* disapoints..

In the punch section.. why not a classic.. punch punch?

*never, is a word to never use when talking cigars! :wink:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
RS#11 is a Punch Punch with more flavor and body, but same price and it even comes in a SLB insteady of DB. Better cigar IMPO.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
solomr2 said:
hawkan2580 said:
RS#11 is a Punch Punch with more flavor and body, but same price and it even comes in a SLB insteady of DB. Better cigar IMPO.
SLB? DB? Types of boxes I'm sure, but a little help? :)

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A very respected vendor still has a limited stock on Partagas de Luxe - dress box of 10 in a bronze color aluminium tube (AT) and with a beautiful black and gold Partagas label on them ---here is the real beautiful thing about these ---normally these are MM sticks -- but this vendor has a few "Totalmente a mano" for sale ----- and all of this is available at under $60 a box !!!!

These cigars will deliver everything you're looking for --- and more.....

Merry Christmas :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :smt114

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just got a box of Bolivar Corona Jr.'s. I'm still determining if I like them. I think they got a little sick on the trip over so I'm giving them time to settle before I judge, but they are improving the one i had last night was even better.

If you can spend $200 get a box of PSD4's. My favorite by far.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would suggest San Cristobal PUNTAS!!! Haven't had a real old one ( 01) since its a new brand, but the 04 are FREEKIN AMAZING!!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
JW seemed so innocent here...If he only knew that him and todd would help eachother down that slippery slope! :hysterica