What's new

1st Good Smoke?

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Mine was a Padron 3000...I'd just started smoking and all I had smoked were just some really bland, mild smokes. This one has remained one of my favs since.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
AZsteelman said:
Mine was a Padron 3000...I'd just started smoking and all I had smoked were just some really bland, mild smokes. This one has remained one of my favs since.
I remember the mild smokes...I went to my local Brick & Mortor shop and the guy reccomened Baccarat and Maconudos for my first cigars. If I wouldn't have found cigar forums and read that most people thought they were mild and bland then I probably would have given up :headroll: He could have atleast reccomended A&F's or Padrons :stickbeat

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
cvm4 said:
I remember the mild smokes...I went to my local Brick & Mortor shop and the guy reccomened Baccarat and Maconudos for my first cigars. If I wouldn't have found cigar forums and read that most people thought they were mild and bland then I probably would have given up :headroll: He could have atleast reccomended A&F's or Padrons :stickbeat
Isn't that weird. I have no clue why people reccomend those. Maybe so they can move the crap off their shelf??

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
AZsteelman said:
You can't beat the Padron 3000 for price or taste! My boss wanted a box to leave around the office today for anyone that wanted to smoke. He didn't want to spend good money on people that would just waste'em but wanted a decent cigar too so we picked up a box of the 3000 maddies. They went over nicely!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first really good smoke was a Fuente Green Leaf, it was what restored my interest in Cigars since I had been smoking Black & Mild's (Blech!) and other convenience store cigars.

-Aaron

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
jcgoldner said:
You can't beat the Padron 3000 for price or taste! My boss wanted a box to leave around the office today for anyone that wanted to smoke. He didn't want to spend good money on people that would just waste'em but wanted a decent cigar too so we picked up a box of the 3000 maddies. They went over nicely!

Yeah, you can't beat them for the price. My local guy took good care of me...steered me right and has ever since. Like someone else said, I may have not continued to smoke if I hadn't found something with some flavor.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first cigar I had was a Black and Mild but that thing was gross.

The first good cigar I had was a Habanos Torres 10 year aged double corona. It was a real light wrapper and an extremely mild flavor. Very tasty.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
high school smoked shit swisher sweets. then sophmore year in college, waiting for the bus, and I saw a noen sign that glowed, walk in humidor!!!! My feet didn't touch the ground, I floated into the shop. The owner introduced me to my first primo stick, griffin robusto.....that was the beginning of the end. Then about a month later, smoked a nat sherman telegraph and tasted the cofee flavors. That's when I discovered I had a growing palate for cigars..... and now I LOVE maconudo's!!!! LOL

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
jasontp said:
What was everyone's first? I gotta say that the Punch London Club Maduro that doofus sent me was mine. . . totally opened my eyes!
Cool. Glad to have had a part in your cigar experience.

That London CLub Maduro is a great quick, economical smoke.

My first "Oh HELL yesss" cigar was a Torano Exodous Gold, right after they came out a few years back. I was a newbie tiptoeing around with mild cigars (Macanoodle, Ashton) when the Exodous came in and the shop owner had a special on them.

Still one of my favorites, even after cossing over to Cubans last year.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First memorable cigar... hm...

I think it was a Torano Brick that I had last spring. I was amazed at the flavor of this cigar. Not just the beginning, or the middle, but all the way through. The flavor changed a couple of times and really made an impression on me.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I'm in the Padron 3000 club.

One of the regulars at the local smokeshop insisted that these were great smokes, lots of flavor, and since I only had $5 to spend that it was the right choice.

I have been hooked since.