What's new

1st Seizure...What to do?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Okay so I'm not here to out a vendor or anything so please no PM's. Thanks...

I'm merely wondering what to do when I recieve the "letter"??? I go to the P.O. Box today and get my package only to find green customs tape all over it. So I'm thinking ooohh shit not this :argh: Well the SS#2 were gone and replaced with a nice little note saying they'll get in touch with me via letter.

Again, I'm not here to out a vendor so no PM's. I actually think the package would have gotten through if the vendor's customs wouldn't have labeled the package with "cigars" in red ink...There could have been a fighting chance :argh: It wasn't the vendor's fault; no harm, no foul

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
It's never happened to me but I have seen many threads regarding this issue and the consenses has been to ignore it.
I personally would be nervous to do that, but the experienced brothers say they have not had any reprocussions from ignoring it.
Think logically about it....it would be a major ordeal on their part to prove you purchased them versus someone just sending them to you. I think you stand a better chance of getting into trouble if you reply. It's kind of like admitting guilt.
Man that sucks Cliff!

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Contact Ed (Mr.Mean) over on CW to make you a frame for when it arrives. He donated some of his handmade frames to the Serious HERF auction and they were beautiful. :thumbsup:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea I've heard about the ignoring part too. Just wish it wasn't SS#2, makes me wanna :barf: when I think about it

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Cliff I think you should march right down to the local customs office and demand your package back!! Explain to them its a ferderal offense to tamper with the mail and noone is allowed to open a letter/package but the intended party! If that doesn't work offer them a bribe for your smokes back!! :yes:

:headroll:

But in all seriousness cliff sorry to hear about your loss. Atleast the vendor guarentees or I'd be pissed if I was you specially since you sold the unbanded one's you had already.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Cliff,

Make sure ou let the vendor know. Apparently this is a problem with the local customs office. I saw a post on CW where this happened to someone there. They got the smokes that time, but same thing with the red ink as I recall.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just ordered some more unbanded ones since they're on special :blushlove I gotta have my fix :blushlove

Just talked with the vendor and they will refund my money today. They think it's just one customs agent on their end that is anal retentive. Odd to check outgoing packages :wtf:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Cliff,

Make sure you let the vendor know. Apparently this is a problem with the local customs office. I saw a post on CW where this happened to someone there. They got the smokes that time, but same thing with the red ink as I recall.
It's happened to quite a few more people then 1 though...Pick the vendor that will best take care of you and I'm VERY happy with how it was resolved.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
When you get the letter it will tell you that you can contact them if you want to dispute it. I'm sure you won't so no worries.
I'm about to get another one myself.

WarriorPro

Partagas Addicted
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
smokem94 said:
It's never happened to me but I have seen many threads regarding this issue and the consenses has been to ignore it.
I personally would be nervous to do that, but the experienced brothers say they have not had any reprocussions from ignoring it.
Think logically about it....it would be a major ordeal on their part to prove you purchased them versus someone just sending them to you. I think you stand a better chance of getting into trouble if you reply. It's kind of like admitting guilt.
Man that sucks Cliff!

You might be nervous about it but you have no other choice in the matter but to ignore it :)

Unless you want to take them up on their offer of going to court and fighting it.

Your only option is to ignore..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That sucks, but hopefully you will be compensated.

I hear the weather is lovely in Guantanamo Cuba this time of year....