What's new

1st year anniversary trip suggestions

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Evening brothers...

The wife and I will be celebrating our first year anniversary on the 30th of May. Anybody know of any nice resorts in California that have nice pools where she can sunbathe and I can be allowed to smoke poolside? Was gonna do Vegas but we are expecting our first baby so trying to avoid any crazy party scenes and looking for some mellow areas to just relax.

Thanks in advance!

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Congrats brother. Not from Cali and only been out that way once, but I really did enjoy it. I visited a friend in LA and stayed in a downtown loft with a pool on the roof and no one would have said anything about a cigar though I only smoked cigarettes at the time. The rambles...sorry. Hope you get a good tip that works out for yah.

Ohh and if it's feasible you should definitely check out Maxamar, because I seriously want to myself, based on many peoples word, and that they are the BnM of Small Batch Cigar, which you probably already know is one of the best online retailers. Ok I'm done.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ohh and another congrats that expecting a baby slipped by me! Have fun together before the new addition, it's like the last memories for both of you of just the 2 of you, and knowing that, take the opportunity to leave a lasting impression in her mind of how great things were up until another exciting point in ya'lls life together.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Congrats on both. I grew up in central cal so as far as southern chill resorts I have no idea. I would recommend checking out Monterey Bay area. It may not be the warm sand and sun place but with a location like Lovers Point I will tell you it is an aptly named area.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
is there anywhere slightly more specific than just "california" you are interested in staying? Also Smoking poolside is going to be very hit or miss in this state even if they have an "adult pool". I would say you may be better off staying somewhere near the coast so you can smoke on the beach instead.

PS Congrats on the anniversary!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Thanks guys and yeah Monterey sounds nice their aquarium is super nice too! And not many beaches that you can smoke at anymore it's pretty crazy. The whole state is against smoking apparently. Just trying to do something close to southern and central california so we don't have to use leave days!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Have fun man and enjoy the trip wherever you go. Knowing Cali and smoking laws, I can't imagine you have many options to be smoking poolside. You're probably better off staying on the coast and finding a beach to smoke... maybe getting a condo along the water that has a pool so your wife can lay poolside if she wants while you venture to the beach.

I too would recommend Vegas... the pools are great, many good restaurants and you don't have to do the crazy stuff if you don't want. I know people that go to Vegas that don't even gamble, they just go for the sun, pools, restaurants etc.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I think it's next to SoCal :confused:
I dunno, buddy. I make maps for a living, and only seen a Cali in Colombia...

As for the OP: there are a slew of resorts in the Mission Bay Area in San Diego. One of them has to allow smoking because a bunch of them have private patios... there is also the annual Tiki Oasis, and they always have cigar nights at those. Make some calls- the Bahia and the Dana come to mind.... Bali Hai, too.

There are also a few hotels in the gaslamp with rooftop smoking lounges, too... @KGD would know which ones are worth a damn. I never head down there.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
We called all over Palm Springs and it seems that most of their resorts are 100% smoke free!

I'll try some local San Diego places, closer to home too.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I grew up out there and now live in rural Missouri. I can, for the most part, smoke where ever I want.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Monterey and Carmel by the Sea are both stunning. There's also a great little cliffside town up the coast (north of Frisco) called Mendocino. Loved all these places. Very relaxing.