What's new

1st year anniversary trip suggestions

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Monterey and Carmel by the Sea are both stunning. There's also a great little cliffside town up the coast (north of Frisco) called Mendocino. Loved all these places. Very relaxing.
Frisco is in Texas, and Mendocino is about 3 hours north of San Francisco. I don't think they have any coast 3 hours north of Frisco.... But Zippogeek is right, Mendocino is a pretty neat little town.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Have you considered Lake Tahoe? It's beautiful this time of year. Also, Avila Beach is a personal favorite for me (central coast).
I love Lake Tahoe. It's stunning. My only objection is the staggering price tag. I remember paying $400+ a night one weekend and that was 10 years ago. Maybe things would be cheaper on the NV side?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Lake Tahoe. It's stunning. My only objection is the staggering price tag. I remember paying $400+ a night one weekend and that was 10 years ago. Maybe things would be cheaper on the NV side?
If memory serves me correct, seems like a nice room can be had for around $150 a night during this time of year. Smoking laws are probably better on the NV side though.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Have you considered Lake Tahoe? It's beautiful this time of year. Also, Avila Beach is a personal favorite for me (central coast).
I would love Tahoe but the prices are steep for the weekend of the 30th. What about Big bear? Anybody ever spend a weekend out there?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love Tahoe but the prices are steep for the weekend of the 30th. What about Big bear? Anybody ever spend a weekend out there?
Big bear is a really nice place to spend the weekend. I've only camped there, but they have some nice looking hotels.

Edit: Every time I've been to big bear, it's been cold. Not sure how sun tan friendly it is (seems like you mentioned that in your original post).

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm a California native and live part time in San Diego.....I pretty much know every place or resort that has what you want. Let us know the $$$$ range you are looking at and I can give you some ideas...one of the best places for the BEST pools is not in California but actually in Scottsdale, Az....the Phoenecian Hotel that has 9 pools...great rooms and a golf course....then there is the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch right up the road. Once you give us the $$$ PM me and tell me exactly what amenities you like.