What's new

2 Chicago Firemen Dead. God Bless The Emergency Services

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is sad and prayers go out to the families.

Our son is a firefighter/paramedic for Dallas, so I think about this a lot.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've prayed for there families already. Time to get the class A cleaned for the wakes next week. Seems like too many times already this year.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This is such bad news. We live on the southside and are friends with a lot of CFD. My girlfriend's Dad is a retired CFD chief. This hits very close to home. It seems that on the southside of Chicago everyone is either a CFD or CPD and if they aren't one they want to BE one. Ask them why and they always say shit like, "they get good pay and benefits and their hours/schedule is awesome!" You should never become a cop/fireman for any other reason than to make a difference in your community and to help others even if it means risking your own life! Much love, respect and prayers go out to the people affected by this tragedy but also to anyone who is or has family that are firemen or police officers.

Screw Spiderman, Batman, The Xmen, etc....the real super heroes are our police and firemen and anyone serving in the armed forces.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Damn, did not hear the updates on this till now. Such a loss, I feel for the city. I am heading to the station tonight, guessing will be a somber quiet crew. RIP my brothers.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Just saw it on the news. Incredibly tragic on it's own but the fact that it's just a few days before Christmas will hurt those families for a long time. My prayers are with them. Thanks to all of you on this board that risk the same everyday.