What's new

2-Day's Special 2/14/09***Omni Iron Chef SuperBowl Style***

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Some of the older brothers might remember me participating in the Omni Iron Chef...For those who dont know the details, here they go.

Omni at ChampionsGate will host an Iron Chef competition for VIP clients who bring in groups who are gonna invest a good amount of $$$ at our resort..So what they do is split some of the Chefs into 2 teams and they pic a secret ingredient and we go at it. We also include some of the guest to help us prepare some of the dishes...

So the 1st Omni Iron Chef we had an East vs. West them....but this one was a SuperBowl Grudge match...Pit vs. AR.

I was on the Steelers team and we decided to make the theme of each dish to be named after a player...So here they are...

Appetizer
# 86 Hines Ward Kobe Beef pirogues
Kobe beef slices a top a pirogue with Vermont cheddar cheese sprinkles and tomato chutney

Salad
# 10 Santonio Holmes’ MVP Salad
Pan seared Filet-o-beef, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro tossed in lime vinaigrette and served in a bib lettuce.

Entrée 1
# 43 Polamalu’s Polynesian Steak & Peppers
Thin sliced, marinated Flank steak, Wok seared and fire tossed with pineapple, dried chili pods, peppers and onions in a Sweet Tai chili sauce served on a stack of wonton crisp.

Entrée 2
# 7 Roethlis-Burger
Angus beef topped with hot pastrami, bacon, kraut slaw and furious fried onions with sweet deli mustard spread and fresh cut fries in between a fresh deli roll.

Needless to say we won...My record is 4-0 and still the only undefeated member of any of the past and present teams.

Chef Eddie Springfield (my direct boss), 3 of our VIP Guest, and that's me on the far right!!!