What's new

!2 year old Pappy Lot B

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't usually trash things, but here goes nothing. I recently went into a local store to get some new Pappy. I decided to grab a bottle of the the 12 year old Lot B as I have never tried it before and heard only good things. Well I have to say that, this was not what I expected. It Sucked! It was harsh and unbalanced. I have to believe the people I heard that it was good from. They have never steered me in a wrong direction before, so my thought is that this year's batch is just not a good one. I was really disappointed. Has anyone else tried this and had a similar experience.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just sampled my first bottle about a week ago. I found it sweet but I love it! If you'd like to get rid of yours let me know and I would be happy to give it a loving home!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have found that sometimes my palate loves a certain taste and sometimes it doesn't. Try it again on a different day; you may have had something that masked the taste of the Pappy. Its an excellent hootch,and each drink is subject to what has been going on with, and into, your mouth that day.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I will tell you that I experienced a similar tasting with a certain bottle of Lot B. I think a certain amount of "air time" for wheated whiskeys make them shine. Case in point, 5 months after opening the bottle that tasted a bit rough, it definitely came into it's own!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I will tell you that I experienced a similar tasting with a certain bottle of Lot B. I think a certain amount of "air time" for wheated whiskeys make them shine. Case in point, 5 months after opening the bottle that tasted a bit rough, it definitely came into it's own!
not a bad idea. maybe decant about a half pint into a small water pitcher, let it open first, like a good red?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
All god stuff. I did try it on two different days, in an attempt to rule that out. I wish that i could give it some time open, but I brought it to the podcast and the other guys took care of it. Just a bummer, because I think that there are better bourbons in that price range and less. On a side note has anyone tried the Lexington bourbon. Here it is only $23, but it is really tasty.