What's new

2001 Opus X Fuente Fuente

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Been a while since I have done a review, but this cigar is worthy of one.

We all seem to forget sometimes how we acquired some of our rarities in our collection when we have a sizable stash, but this was a cigar that shined like a Diamond when I opened my humi. Not only because of the cigar itself, but the history tied to it.

Over the last few years Walter and I have placed bets on our respective football teams when playing each other. Fortunately for me, my Giants have owned his 9ers the last few seasons.

Those that know Walter, know that he doesn't take sending cigars lightly and he has always gone above and beyond when paying his due. I have received many mint condition trading cards along with his payouts. Walter is a class act and I busted his balls a couple years back and he made me pay for it for doing so ever since.

Last year, after my Giants gave his 9'ers an ass-whooping he sent me a handful of cigars including a 2001 Fuente Fuente Opus X, by far the oldest Opus I have ever seen.

Walter and I were chatting a few days ago and I mentioned that I still had said cigar and he told me that he acquired it from Cle (R.I.P.). This cigar took on a meaning much greater than an aged Opus, this cigar was an example of Brotherhood, passed from one brother, to another brother, to another brother.

I type this post on my fancy cell phone device as I enjoy every single puff of this cigar. I won't bore you with "hints of nutmeg and cedar", but just tell you that this cigar is smoking pretty damn good,,, Huge plumes of smoke with every draw and a very refined Opus X flavor profile.

I could have chosen to post the typical 1/3 reviews for this cigar, but I really don't think it be just in this case. Anyone who has smoke an aged Opus X can do that. This cigar means more to me than an average review. It's about brotherhood, about not caring about what you have in your humi, but rather about what you share. Cle was one of the most selfless people you will ever encounter and I would guarantee he is smiling over all of those who dig deep in their humidors without any reason or occasion at all. Life is too short to not enjoy what you have.

Cle, this one is for you my friend, may you rest in piece and be a shinning example of what brotherhood is all about!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Breathtaking story. Here here to Cle. I didnt have interactions with him but wish i had.

RIP to a great Botl and his legacy

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Outstanding Craig. This sums up my reason for being here. The "giving", sharing and desire to do so is the cornerstone of any great friendship and in this amazing place, I have found many.

Bravo brother!