What's new

2004 LfD Chisel Maduro

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm building the suspense. I bought a box from a great guy here and was going to wait until they had an even 5 years on them, but I figure 2004-2009 IS 5 years.

Review to follow later.

Attachments

Last edited:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I will take pictures...I already took a few but the battery needs charging. I won't have picks of the first pinch, but will have more in the time it takes to smoke it.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
LOL! Pix are coming later. I've got 2 kids home with the flu (and I think I'm getting a touch of it too) so as soon as they take a nap I'll post them.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I wish I had smoked my first chisel on a full stomach in the evening. I might have a different view of them. i I decided it looked like a small stick so I would smoke it at 10:30 Am after a light breakfast. I had to pull over and stop the car until my vision cleared and my stomach stopped turning. kind of like when you get plastered on a certain type of liquor, then you can't drink that liquor for a while if ever. Even the LFD's I've smoked in the evening are too strong for me. So you guys enjoy them, they sure do look good, but are too much for me.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Ok, so now onto the review.

These are all in cello and all cello is starting to turn yellow at the head. I pulled out one and pulled the cello off and noticed that these were incredibly plumed. The tooth on it had plume so it felt like braile. I squeezed the chisel to pop it open and the head of the cigar felt like a cats tounge...it was the plume.

Litto's cigars have a distinct signature taste to them and the DL Chisel has it's own whoomp to it but 5 years has really tamed it. I can still taste the LfD profile, but it's more of a subtle taste and I almost put it down thinking that it was a dud. About an inch into it charred wood started coming to the top as well as a fruity/spice combo that I really like in the DL line-up (think tapatio & mango).

The last half of the chisel lived up to everything you expect in the DL Chisel. It almost had me down, wine & the chisel was a lethal combination.

The pictures will show that this thing is still oily and you might be able to see the tooth on it, it's actually the plume on top of the tooth that's visible.

Attachments