What's new

2005 Cohiba Lancero

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
2005 Cohiba Lancero

Been reviewing a number of custom rolls and had a craving for some Cohiba goodness. *Tonight is a return to one of my favorites.

A great BOTL from Europe sent this to me after reading my review of a 2001 Cohiba Lancero. *Thank you to Tomas for giving me the opportunity to share my impressions of this cigar.

Lanceros are in my top 3 vitolas that I enjoy. *Something about the vitola just puts me in a good mood whenever I have the opportunity to smoke one.

The wrapper is a medium colorado brown. *Reminds me of the color of a well worn wooden table. *The wrapper is sleek, no veins and smooth to the touch.

Construction is good. *No soft spots throughout the cigar, with the exception of one small area right below the band. *Shouldn't be an issue though.

The aromas from the wrapper are dark sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa. *Very nice!!!

The triple cap pigtail is impeccably constructed and gives way to my punch easily.
The cold draw reveals brown sugar, cream, some leather and cedar.

Time to take this to the flame....

First Third
The cigar welcomes the flame with open arms. *The draw is impeccable. *Beautiful blue smoke swirls upwards from both the head and the foot of the cigar.

Initial flavours are *cocoa, spice, cedar, grassiness and dark sugar. *MMMmmmm..... Soooo good!!!!

That familiar cuban 'TWANG' is very present tonight!!!! *

The after finish is nice and soothing...cocoa, vanilla extract, grassiness and a touch of cedar caress my palate. *Delicious!!!

Second Third
This cigar is rocking. *Has such a calming, peaceful effect as I smoke it. *Roasted nuts, chocolate, grassiness, and cedar are on the playlist now. *Soooo goood!!!!!!

The after finish is nicely rounded with cream, cocoa, cedar and vanilla. *makes me craving for a latte right now. *:)

The burn line is still crisp and the smoke coming out of this thing is impressive. *I feel like I am under a fog alert with all the blue smoke swirling around. *LOL!!

There is no harshness at all from this cigar. *Just pure, delicious and well integrated flavours to kick back and enjoy the ride. *One ticket to Pleasantville please. *

The strength is medium at best. *More refined vs. raw power for sure. *Ahhh, life is good!!!

Final Third
The 'twang' has really picked up!!! *Works well with the grassiness of the lancero. *Earthy and leather tones have kicked in as well. A nice molasses sweetness round out the flavour profile. *Sooo delicious! *I love me a good Cohiba Lancero.

There is an absence of cedar notes right now. *Very bold in the earthy and leather arena. *The strength has picked up but still in the medium category. *

Some roasted nuts come back into the picture. *More of a cameo appearance than a long stay. *It comes and goes as it pleases.

A little saltiness at the end as well. *Reminds me of salted cashews. *:) *

Final Impressions
Time has been kind to this lancero. *Such full flavours and a good mixture throughout the cigar. *The complexity and frequency of change keeps your attention. *A good cigar to enjoy while reflecting on the day's events or looking forward to tomorrow.

Pure deliciousness!!!! *Thanks for the opportunity to review this Tomas!!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great review thanks for sharing the wonderful experience. Yet another smoke on my long list of want to tries.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Wow,
What a review!
ISO threads abound after reading this one!

I have one in the vacinity of this age and was planning on rocking it a few days ago, and just never got to it.
Still in the soon to be smoked segregated area of the humi.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I got a 5 ct petaca of these last year, smoked one and gifted one. I suspect they are not very old. It is tough to hold out years just to smoke three cigars, but it sounds like it's worth it!