What's new

2008 monte 3

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks to @Awesome1 for the box split. At 12 years old this was the oldest cigar I've ever smoked. The stick looked fantastic and had great construction. The burn was 100 out of 100. Burn line was like a cigarette. The flavor was dry cocoa powder with what I can only describe as a dry "floral" finish. Very different from other cigars I've had in the past. I'd say these are probably past their prime or at least on the way down as far as body goes. Cigar had zero harshness or outlying flavors. This was my 3rd stick of the day after the monte #2 for breakfast and a mi amor reserva after lunch. I'm gonna sit on these a month and have another with morning coffee and reevaluate. 20200227_170042.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm doing the same with the ones I have left. Giving them a month to settle down completely and see how they are then.. They are very good. I agree the burn on these is perfect as is the draw.. Once they rest at 65% for awhile I will dry box for a couple days and then try again.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm gonna plan on having another one in a month or so then maybe once a year after that. So the last one should be in 2030. Thatd be a 22 yo stick by then.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
20200326_100504.jpg
So I waited a month and tried another. UNBELIEVABLE. Much richer flavor than the first. Chocolate and a little cream. Probably the best cocoa profile cigar I've had. Their 12yo so I blame shipping. Cigars hate to be shipped and take a couple weeks minimum to acclimate after arrival. These are special cigars. I'll try another in the next few months I think. This is a on vacation on the balcony cigar not an after work on the porch stick. 96 point cigar.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was just thinking about revisiting these as well. Your review has definitely pushed me into trying another tomorrow. :).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Enjoying another one of these right now. Flavors are pretty much the same as they were 3 years ago. Little bit of salty cocoa on the palate. Cedar on the retro. Little bit of earth and leather in there as well. Aroma is also very pleasant. I'm on the 1st 3rd rn as well so just getting started. The flavors on these open up right from the start and as mentioned earlier in this post, burn is perfect.