What's new

2008 RE Libano Ramon Allones Phoenicio Sublime

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The RE Libano Ramon Allones 30the Anniversario Phoenicia Sublime was released in 2008. 6000 boxes of 30 cigars each. In 2009, an additional 3,000 boxes of 15 cigars were released.

The presentation of this cigar is extrodinary. The intricate detail on the band is gorgeous, from the raised embossed lettering to the rounded Phoenicia logo. Just stunning. Makes you salivate as you get ready to smoke it. Very classy!

This is a big cigar. 54 ring gauge by 6.5 inches. Give yourself a lot of time to enjoy this size. Something about the sublime size just feels right. Like success. This is a celebratory type of cigar. Nice weight and heft to it.

The cigar has a deep, rich chocolate wrapper. Reminds me of a chocolate bar. The wrapper isn't smooth at all. Toothy, rustic, forthcoming. Rough to the touch. Other Phoenicia Sublimes haven't been this rough.

A squeeze throughout the cigar is decent. I detect a little soft spot in the middle of the cigar. Hope that this doesn't pose any draw issues.

The triple cap is nicely constructed and a little tight when squeezed.

Intial smell from the wrapper reminds me of Kona coffee. Rich, creamy, nutty. Some cocoa and molasses as well.

A quick punch through the triple cap and we are almost ready to go. Cold draw reduces my angst regarding air flow. The draw is easy peasy.

A few cold draws bring dried nuts and fruit, expresso and a very faint hint of cedar.

Time to take this to the flame.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

molasses/brown sugar comes rifling through the first initial draws. cedar, nutmeg, raisins, and a hint of honey follow suit. Some earthiness to accent the flavours.

The ash is a "Dirty" grey. flaky. Draw is loose, a little too loose. Wish there was more resistance here.

Very mellow cigar. Puts you in a deep meditative state. not much strength here at all. Pure flavour.

volumes of smoke coming from this. A nice creaminess to this cigar. A subtle cuban 'twang' comes through now. Not 1 flavour dominates. Every pull brings a different story. Everything is in harmony, like watching a great, fine tuned ensemble band kicking ass on stage, bringing the house down.

Cedar and earthy tones starting to take the limelight. Burn is getting a little wonky. Time for a touch up.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Burn line is a little funkified tonight. Can't get it to straighten out. It is rebelling against coformity.

You can tell from looking at the ash where the cigar was underfilled. Interesting.

Loads of chocolate and cream now. The raisins went out for a walk. Cedar, leather and spice fill the void.

More bolder now. strength has picked up. Molasses/brown sugar is back. Some graham cracker pays a short visit as well.

More creamy coffee, mocha notes with some nuttiness as well as some marzapan/almond extract coming through.

Strength has toned down or I have gotten used to it. Ash is holding on throughout the 2nd third. Hope this doesn't fall on me. Draw is still too loose for my liking.

The flavours are very refined and vary in appearance. Always mixing it up.

This cigar reminds me of a Staurbucks Mocha Cappucino with a almond flavour shot added for good measure.

The aroma from the smoke reminds me of black licorice and star anise.

Will this damn burn line ever straighten out????

Ash is a darker 'dirty' shade of grey.

The aftertaste is loooonnnggg and built with cedar and earth.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

brown sugar, dried fruit, coffee, earth and nuts. Like a chocolate fruit nut bar. World is slowing down to a snail's pace. I feel like Neo in the Matrix. Everything is in slow motion. Mesmerizing!!!!

Flavours more robust, no precise is a better description. pure cocoa, black coffee, an element of creaminess to round it out.

Molasses is back in a big way. HEY-OOOOO!!!!!!

back to dried nuts and fruit then to chocolate/coffee and molasses. Back and forth. Like 2 titans on a tennis court, blasting the ball to and fro. This is sort of fun, trying to guess which combination of flavours will come next.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

FInal Impressions: LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

The refined flavours. The complexity. The change ups through the cigar. The nuances. FANTASTIC!!!!

This is a cigar to enjoy with some great friends, having some great conversation. An orchestra of flavours, playing in unison, not solos here. An ensemble of deliciousness.

Two hours of pure fun!!!!

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That sounds absolutely amazing! You've done some great reviews recently, we all have seen and read that but this is like your Moby Dick, Gulliver's Travels, War and Peace...this was a masterpiece!