What's new

2011 BOTL™ HERF :: July 16th :: Fairfield NJ

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Very nice pics Jay. If I don't need to be cordially invited by a BOM, I'm going to try my hardest to make it again next year. Maybe me and AJ will take the trip on the bikes. AJ will get the iron ass award if he does it on his Sportster.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I need more practice, but heres a few of the better ones I took and did some quick processing on:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/album.php?albumid=815

A lot of poker and monkeying around

Reminds me of a joke:

Charles walks into a bar with a monkey on his shoulder and orders a beer. Before the bartender could make change the monkey jumped down behind the bar and ate all the lemons. The bartender, being a nice guy, let it go. The monkey then jumped down behind the bar and ate all of Eric's bananas and just as Charles reached to grab him the monkey ran to the pool table and ate the Q-ball. The bartender, at that point kicked them out.

A couple of weeks later Charles and his monkey showed up again, the bartender, being a nice guy, decided to go ahead and serve them. No sooner than Charles paid for his first beer the monkey jumped down behind the bar, grabbed a cherry, PUT IT IN HIS BUTT and then ate it. The bartender said to Charles, "Dude that's gross, what's up with your monkey"?

Charles calmly looked down at the monkey, lit a cigar and said "ever since he ate that pool ball he measures everything before he eats it".

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Here's a few shots:

At Kevin's pad~

BOTL Banner~

Run-off poker table~

Hangin in the hall~

Hangin in the lounge~

Yet another poker table shot~

I promise to work on getting better pictures! Lol!

Seriously though, I had a great time hanging with you guys! Tubaman is a great cook & excellent host; JWRussell keeps the order with poker; I heard some great expressions like "Jerk the dog to feed the cat..."; Darkman & Hendy have a special code consisting largely of winks, nods & golf lingo; Jwintosh forcing our hands at poker by offering 98' 898's so we would go 'all-in' blind; endless bombing, gifting & swapping of incredible cigars, etc., etc....

The camaraderie and brotherhood made this event truly great - thanks to Eric, Tubaman & everyone who helped put this together - I'm already looking forward to next year!!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
all i can say is, "WOW!!" once again, we out-did ourselves. where do i start: Tuba!! well done!! thanks for oepening your house to a bunch of smoking deginerates. Greg (aka: Man Down), thanks for the wee-early morning pickup and the great fishing and chow!! Ray and Todd, thanks for the ride into the city!! Derek, great meeting you, and thank you for saving me from the china bus!! AJ, thanks for the rescue Fri night!!

Great food!! great cigars!! great locale!! but it's all about the brotherhood!! E!! thanks for running such a great site!!

loving the pics!! keep 'em coming!!

next year boyz!! make sure to LMK when y'all are in so cal!! as for now, hope to see y'all tomorrow at the New England Herf V!!

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Thank you to everyone who attended and made this a successful event. From Kevin to hosting us at his place to George for sponsoring us at the fine private club that is Metro Society. Thanks to Jay, AJ and Joshua for taking and posting photos (though we didn't get a group shot - doh!). Justin for bringing non-alcoholic drinks at late notice before the caterer arrived. To those who bought a shirt and/or hat in supporting the site. Also a very special thanks to Matt and his crew who put together boxes of cigars to hand out to everyone. You guys came through even though you were not asked. To anyone I forgot to thank - apologies in advance.

Someone came into chat a few days ago and asked me what the best part of my weekend was. Meeting members (old and new) is and always will be. If you take that away then the cigars, this site and our community means little. The cigar is only the means to which we are bonded by brotherhood and friendship.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
OK, I learned a very important lesson here. Always bring a sharpie to a herf to write shit down!! I have two great looking cigars that were given to me, one from Matt and the other from Eddie, and I haven't a clue as to what they told me they are. One is darker than the other and they both come in around a 56 ring. I guess I'll just enjoy them on the blind!

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
The band-less one from Matt is actually a sample of Atlantic Cigar's new house blend (decent medium). The one from Eddie I believe is the OR Jaime Reserva from the Cigar Inn event (lighter than the new release & has a 6yr aged Broadleaf on it - they are REAL good IMO).

:thumbsup: