What's new

2011 FFPs - still good!!!!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
On my 36th Birthday, January 13th 2012 I smoked my first FFP (6 boxes arrived that day!) with a stout glass of Bruichladdich Octomore. Today I'm smoking the last stick from those 6 boxes with a newer revision of Octomore still peated at 169ppm. Amazingly enough, it's still a really good cigar just not without its quirks.

Pre-light: acrid tannins and complete ashy unpleasantry. I mean REALLY bad. They developed this note 2 years ago but you get past it on light.
First third: exactly like double-fisting young UF-13s while watching Vikings fight dinosaurs in a peat bog.
Second third: Turnaround time! Creamy, brown sugar sweetness with strength subsiding to a more enjoyable level. Definitely firing on all cylinders! Perfect compliment to the peaty-as-hell scotch. Solid nic hit without the stomach grumblings of the first third.
Final third: A good mix between the first and second third, just coats your mouth better. Wakes you up and powers through the booze.

I smoked one of these fresh at the factory last year and while it was understandably too wet to stay lit, the flavors were what I would consider ideal for this stick. I think the sweet spot is 6-12 months. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Overall I could not ask for a better birthday pre-funk stick!

Last edited:

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks for the update/review LPFB. Nice to know if something is on the descend.
Thanks. I didn't do this to dog or praise LP either way. They know I f'ing love them. There have been numerous statements about smoking sticks like this past 3 years. I just wanted to show one angle of that.

Reactions: ENV

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Thanks. I didn't do this to dog or praise LP either way. They know I f'ing love them. There have been numerous statements about smoking sticks like this past 3 years. I just wanted to show one angle of that.
Not at all. I didn't take it as you were praising or dogging LP in any way. I just took it as your opinion that they are still smoking well but you found them to be best at 6-12months in age. Happy early birthday!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nice update review! I've smoked through all of my 2011s, and '12s, and '13s, and crap I'm out of them, lol. But the last '11 I had was still awesome!!

It think they gain a lot of woodiness with age and some more of those darker fruit notes, with less of the baking spices and punch-to-the-mouth-ness.