What's new

2011 RE Asia Pacific Quay D'Orsay Superiores

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
got a fiver of these to try; decided to fire one up as I clean out the garage.

The cigar has a nice light colorado brown colour. squeeze test shows some soft spots. A little spongy however, the foot looks packed.

cold draw dominated by leather. A bit of harshness.

Easy to light. Used a punch for this little guy.

Iniital puffs reveals nuttiness and leather. A little harsh to start off. A flavour I am familiar with is coming through. Pecan?

ash is very dark grey. Is a very constructed cigar. Flavours have changed after the first third. Tastes soapy???

soap, leather and a hint of floral notes. This is a wierd cigar.

Nuttiness really coming through now. Much more enjoyable. Hints of leather coming back as well as the floral nots are more pronounced.

Starting to hit the last third. The cigar continues to show leather, nuttiness and floral notes. The leather has come to the forefront.

A very 'interesting' cigar. Needs some down town for the flavours to come together. Never had a soapy taste come out in a cigar before. Kept me guessing throughout the cigar to see what would reveal itself.

I wouldn't pick up any more of these. Not really in my wheelhouse. If anything, I would smoke one for a change of pace.

Final smoking time: 1 hour 10 minutes

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
That DOES sound like an odd tasting cigar. Most reviews I've seen of this cigar have been quite favorable. Forget about them for a couple years. I bought a box of 09 QdeO Coronas in 09. They were terrible fresh, but the one I had last week was superb.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I had one two weeks ago that tasted like it had been soaked in dish soap. I've had it in two cigars before, but I really don't like it. Nearly lost it before I just tossed the cigar.