What's new

2012 Edicion Limitada Partagas Serie C No. 3

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Partagas Serie C No. 3 is one of three Edicion Limitadas that will be released in 2012. These have started to show up at various LCDHs and vendors globally.

This is a Hermosos No. 3 vitola. 48 ring gauge and 5.5 inches in length. Glad to see that at least one vitola is under the 50 ring gauge. Last year's Ramon Allones Allones Extra was a smaller ring gauge as well. The wrapper has more opportunity to add flavour and depth to the cigar.

The construction is excellent. I have to say that the rollers are really putting out some good stuff in the past few years. A return to excellence, in terms of construction and quality of tobacco.

Solid cigar. No soft spots at all. The foot is nicely packed. Cold draw from the foot reveals nutmeg and spice.

The wrapper is very nice and smooth. Not toothy like previous Edicion Limitadas. The wrapper colour is noticeably lighter as well. Not that usual dark burnt chocolate colour that you see in a lot of ELs. This wrapper colour is more reddish brown, reminds me of a Rosado wrapper.

The triple cap is beautiful. Seamless. Looks very inviting to my punch. A quick insertion and we are ready to go. I can see the little divot from the mold after I press down on the top. Always a good sign.

Cold draw is perfect. Nutmeg, eucalyptus, coffee, and a slight tinge of cedar welcome me with open arms.

Time to take this to the flame....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

First Third
Intial puffs reveal a heavy dose of spice, cedar, black coffee and leather. This cigar has some teeth to it. Much stronger than the first one that I tried.

Strength is full bodied. Caught me off guard. Time to get some water.

Lots of smoke billowing from this thing. Need a lighthouse to see through the blue smoke. LOL

The ash is a "Dirty" greyish white with the little white dots again. It's holding on strong throughout the first third. Very dense.

After finish is nutmeg, eucalyptus, cedar and leather. Very long. Almost overpowering. A definite assault on the palate right now. Need to slow down the pace and sip this thing.

Did I mention that these were strong?!?!

Second Third
The initial hammering of strength and flavour has settled down in the second third. Thank goodness. I think I would have succumbed to the onslaught.

The cigar is a solid medium full now. Roasted nuts, cedar, black coffee and eucalyptus round out the flavour profile.

There is a hint of sweetness coming through. Honey maybe? More on the after finish than anything. The roasted nuts/black coffee combo really stay with you on the after finish.

The ash is still holding strong. WOW!!! Haven't had that happen in awhile.

Lots of smoke still. The cigar is burning quite fast, even though I am being mindful of slowing down between puffs.

Final third
This cigar is putting on a smoke show. Crazy amounts of smoke with each puff.

The ash holds in very strong. This cigar has some great construction.

The strength is still medium to full bodied. Glad I ate before smoking this.

The flavour profile continues to be a palate coating roasted nuts, black coffee cedar and a touch of honey.

The after finish is very robust and proud. Nothing shy about this cigar. Full on, strong characteristics of roasted nuts, black coffee, eucalyptus and a very faint strand of honey.

Strength has picked up a touch, bordering on full bodied again as I reach the end. One last punch fest..

Final Impressions
Two words: MUCHO FUERTE!!! This is not like other Edicion Limitadas that I have smoked. There is a absence of sweetness to the cigar. Really just an afterthought vs. a contributor. An unexpected surprise. This is full of brash youth and strength.

This has the stuffing to age well. Very strong in body and flavour but no harshness at all. Just an in your face, metal to the metal, type of profile. The remaining cigars will go to sleepytown for awhile....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very good review A! The two I have smoked so far didn't have the tastes yours did. It was strong, but I didn't get the flavors you did. Mine were like a better tasting Opus X. Same flavor all the way through. My remaining ones will have a long slumber in my wineador.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Great review! "Absence of sweetness" makes me think these will not be on my list. Sounds a little too strong for me.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Nice review as usual.

I'll have to burn a couple more because I didn't find the strength you mentioned. Actually came in on the opposite end, thinking they had a couple years of life before going the way of QdO (which are magnificent aged just mild and nuanced), not what I would expect of Party.

Flavors I tend to agree with - roasted nuts, slight cedar, not really a noticeable sweetness. Slight leathery quality, probably aided by the HUGE smoke output which gives a nice mouthfeel.

All in all a nice cigar, ready to smoke now. Will have to try a few more to see if maybe the strength was just off on this one.

Edit: I shouldn't undersell the strength, probably really a solid medium. Wasn't knocked on my @ss like some Nic sticks but expected a bit more oomph. Maybe my expectations were just off. On an empty stomach too.

Last edited: