What's new

2013!! A year for cigars???

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Has anyone else noticed that 2013 hasn't been a big year for cigars?

Maybe its just me but it seems like it was a slower year for sticks; I thought that 2011 was going to be affected by the FDA breathing down the backs of retailers (with many tax increases) and the manufacturers (wanting to control blends) but this year has seems slower.

A lot of smoking bans this year and (too me) an overall slowing down of production of new brands and blends; seems like an off-year.

Obviously there was a lot of releases and great sticks made; but maybe its just an overall feeling of excitement/following or industry buzz.

Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
This year I think more than the last couple had some awesome releases but a lot of them were overhyped. This year though I thought was like a nica boom with I loved that! In the end, the cigars that I will remember from this year are, in no particular order
J.Fuego Origen Maduro
Ortega ser D Maduro lance
Herrera Esteli
J.D Howard Reserve
Uf13 dark

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but those off the top of my head have been outstanding to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
This year I think more than the last couple had some awesome releases but a lot of them were overhyped. This year though I thought was like a nica boom with I loved that! In the end, the cigars that I will remember from this year are, in no particular order
J.Fuego Origen Maduro
Ortega ser D Maduro lance
Herrera Esteli
J.D Howard Reserve
Uf13 dark

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but those off the top of my head have been outstanding to me

Most certainly a Nica-year;

Too me its been the year of the UF-13, years past have had hype around DE's releases (Feral, L40, Rats) but none of them have been like the UF(to an extent the 4, but thats due to the 13) In years past I (or we) could walk into a shop and stubble upon some unicos, but now it seems that they are already sold as soon as the order is placed by the retailer (B&M or online) obviously this is an exaggeration, but this year has raised the bar for the Ligas and made them crazy popular.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I honestly think the 13 darks are my favorite unicos ( have had them all except the l40 and uf4 ) if I had the budget I would definitely buy a box ! So keep them coming Jonathan! Don't make any more nica rusticas haha those were a overhyped disappointment for me! IMO I can't wait for the HE maduros next year ( if they get made that is haha )

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Actually I really liked this year...

Tat cohete
Tat noella reserva
Tat regio reserva
Tat black cg (best black since or)
Centurion...not my fav but think it has a ton of potential in years to come
Jason...best monster rot...my .02
Lat46
TAA 10th
All of the 10th annys but the belle encre is my favorite

A lot of others out there too that I can't think off the top of my head. Honestly think best tobacco year I have seen for the my father crew. But as you can see I am a little jaded:)

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I thought it was actually pretty dang good, but I also thought there were a lot of great "boutique" smokes produced this year like the stuff from Ezra Zion, Aging Room and Nomad. There were others that I didn't get to try that many liked. But overall I was very satisfied with this years crops.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really new the hobby, so I can't really judge year over year. I will say I have been disappointed with the lag from announcement to actual distribution of the cigars this year. We have been waiting for the release of the KFC MUWAT for how long now. As a marketer, I get the whole "build-up the buzz" thing, but it can backfire when there is too long a gap, most significantly if the product does not live up to the hype.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I'm really new the hobby, so I can't really judge year over year. I will say I have been disappointed with the lag from announcement to actual distribution of the cigars this year. We have been waiting for the release of the KFC MUWAT for how long now. As a marketer, I get the whole "build-up the buzz" thing, but it can backfire when there is too long a gap, most significantly if the product does not live up to the hype.
Thats DE brother; late releases and under-production numbers... makes them equal too gold around here.

Edit: This is a positive thing; DE is all about quality. not at all a negative statement.