What's new

2014 - Golf Goals

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Well not sure about everyone else but for me the Golf Season is pretty much over. Now on to the Simulator to keep the swing the best I can for next season. So My question to all of you is this, how did you do on your goals?

Personally I got my handicap down to a 13.9 was at a 12.9 at one point but the amount of golf I played simmered down a bit towards then end. Still happy as I knocked off almost 2 strokes. Next year should see my goal of 10.

As far as getting an eagle still nothing. Came close a few times but nothing dropped.

How about everyone else?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Well not sure about everyone else but for me the Golf Season is pretty much over. Now on to the Simulator to keep the swing the best I can for next season. So My question to all of you is this, how did you do on your goals?

Personally I got my handicap down to a 13.9 was at a 12.9 at one point but the amount of golf I played simmered down a bit towards then end. Still happy as I knocked off almost 2 strokes. Next year should see my goal of 10.

As far as getting an eagle still nothing. Came close a few times but nothing dropped.

How about everyone else?
Well, this is what I wrote:

My goal is to get out on the bloody course. It's been a few years since I last swung a club.

I failed.

Miserably.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I didn't post it here, but my goal was to play once a month or more and I ended up playing once this year. The game has gotten so bad that I am loosing the desire to even play at all.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I didn't post here, but I had a goal to get out to driving range and play at least a couple/few rounds. I, too, failed.

It turns out that last year wasn't an anomaly. Golf and fishing are, apparently mutually exclusive. Some years ago, when I was younger (and singler), I found time for a golf/fishing balance. No more.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok I am going to catch up.

7 months ago I quit my 18 year career as an Industrial Electrician to focus on my business full time. In doing so, I made a promise to myself that I was going to 1. Brew more beer and 2. get my ass back on the golf course at least once a month. As a gift to myself for quitting my job I bought a nice set of clubs to replace the ones I gave away when I started my business. Well..... In 7 months I have played 6 rounds of golf and brewed 4 times and I am brewing again this Sunday. I would say I am on target to keep my promise and meet my goals.

Cheers
Jay

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ended last year at a 5.3, currently 6.8. Goal is to end at 3.3, 2 better than last year and shake thus nasty pull hook I inherited some how over the winter.
So an update: At my original post in this thread I was at 6.8, currently at 6.0. Nasty pull hook is gone. 2 months left to get to my goal and its not looking promising. If I could get back to where I ended last year I would be happy. There is always 2015...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have established 2 separate handy caps.

1 is Golf... The other is Cigars. Not necessarily in that order.

Cheers
Jay

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ok I am going to catch up.

7 months ago I quit my 18 year career as an Industrial Electrician to focus on my business full time. In doing so, I made a promise to myself that I was going to 1. Brew more beer and 2. get my ass back on the golf course at least once a month. As a gift to myself for quitting my job I bought a nice set of clubs to replace the ones I gave away when I started my business. Well..... In 7 months I have played 6 rounds of golf and brewed 4 times and I am brewing again this Sunday. I would say I am on target to keep my promise and meet my

Cheers
Jay
Congrats on your new course in life, what could be better then golfing and brewing beer.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My goal for 2014 was to start golfing. I work with a lot of golfers and have never been on a course. So in April I started going to the range and in May I played my first round. Thank goodness I played with friends, they were supportive even though I was horrible.

I played around 12 rounds up until November. Golf is love/hate. I have enjoyed it so much, went from not keeping score to constant scores of a 100 and my lowest was a 96. Huge for me. Tournaments are so much fun. Playing most likely my last round this Saturday.

Can't wait for warmer wether already.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since we had our first snow fall this year on Nov 8th my golf goals for 2014 have to be extended through 2015. The goal is simply to break 80... A few rounds of 81 this year. It was a great season.