What's new

2017 BOTL Mug

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Going to be running this similar to the Pipe of the Year.
I'd like some nominations from you all on mug shape as well as color combinations, then we'll put together a few polls and see what we come up with.
Goal is to have a final order placed by the end of June.
No need for lists of participants or posts of interest at this point, just looking for nominations of mug shape and glaze color/combination.

MUG SHAPES:
catalog_Page_03.jpg catalog_Page_04.jpg

GLAZE COLORS:
catalog_Page_09.jpg catalog_Page_10.jpg catalog_Page_11.jpg catalog_Page_12.jpg

Going to be running this similar to the Pipe of the Year.
I'd like some nominations from you all on mug shape as well as color combinations, then we'll put together a few polls and see what we come up with.
Goal is to have a final order placed by the end of June.
No need for lists of participants or posts of interest at this point, just looking for nominations of mug shape and glaze color/combination.

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I like the bigger 14 oz mugs. So the Tall Belly and Ramsey.
As for color, I like the color combinations rather than the single colors.
I agree, "Marble Glazes" over "Solid Glazes"
Going to have to put some thought into my nominations for colors, though!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Tall Belly
Patriot
Ramsey

Marble
Black w/Burgundy
Black w/Hunter White
Black w/Red
Midnight w/Burgndy
Navy w/Cinn White
Hunter w/Blue White
Federal Blue w/Cinn White
Midnight w/ Hunter

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Shape:
1. Pepin (how could we not put Pepin on the list?! lol) <-amended my answer. The more I look at them, and after looking at some other photos of the Pepin, the more I like the Pepin's shape the best, even without the name connection!
2. Footed - 12oz cuts the difference between the "small cup" people and the "large cup" people

Color:
A Blue that reflects the site colors, with some kind of marble glaze. IE Federal Blue or Heritage with Sky Blue or Grey White. Something along those lines. I think this kind of choice would appeal to the broadest section of folks, as opposed to a solid black or bright green or something, while still maintaining the uniqueness of a Deneen mug.

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Shape:
1. Footed - 12oz cuts the difference between the "small cup" people and the "large cup" people
2. Round Belly
3. Pepin (how could we not put Pepin on the list?! lol)

Color:
A Blue that reflects the site colors, with some kind of marble glaze. IE Grey with Blue White, or Navy with White or Sky Blue, or Heritage with Sky or White. Something along those lines. I think this kind of choice would appeal to the broadest section of folks, as opposed to a solid black or bright green or something, while still maintaining the uniqueness of a Deneen mug.
Pepin has to be in the running out of principal! (y)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Pepin has to be in the running out of principal! (y)
This is what I'm saying! And again it cuts the difference between huge mug and smaller mug at 12oz. It's also just a really nice mug that incorporates a lot of their more interesting design features - footed base, curved shape, etc.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Shape:
1. Footed - 12oz cuts the difference between the "small cup" people and the "large cup" people
2. Round Belly
3. Pepin (how could we not put Pepin on the list?! lol)

Color:
A Blue that reflects the site colors, with some kind of marble glaze. IE Federal Blue or Heritage with Sky Blue or Grey White. Something along those lines. I think this kind of choice would appeal to the broadest section of folks, as opposed to a solid black or bright green or something, while still maintaining the uniqueness of a Deneen mug.
I am with Stogie on this one for shape(s). . .
Like the marble glazes. Earth dark tones - preferably to match BOTL & all

Status
Not open for further replies.