What's new

2019 Buffalo Trace Antique Collection Sightings

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
For those of us that are chasing Stagg, Pappy, Weller, Van Winkle, Sazerac, et al, the difference between a good deal and resale pricing is often timing. Since Buffalo Trace is notorious for delivering whenever they dang well feel like it, it often helps to know when they’re starting to show up in and around the area to be able to jump on a bottle. If you’re seeing or hearing about anything in your area, help your brothers out and post up here. Thanks and always be generous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Chicago (western area at least) received BTAC allotment 2 weeks ago.

I was in northern Wisconsin at the beginning of October and they had lines forming and product arriving.

All with a grain of salt since (stores) they could technically release or hold whenever they want based on holiday, list, demand, etc.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Pappy allocation hit the largest Chicago distributors yesterday. A large amount of the allocation is ORVW and Lot B (from what I’ve seen)

Grain of salt, good hunting to all

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pennsylvania BTAC lottery just went live yesterday morning. I am relatively new to all of this. Before I would just buy bourbon and drink it. Now I guess I am a a collector. I blame my friend. It is all his fault.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Honestly, for me here in NY, I don't even bother to "hunt" for bottles. These stores either keep their stock for loyal customers (which is fine) but the price gauging I've seen here, NO THANKS. I have to do some work and might actually have a hook with a local shop where I picked up the Willet Rye last week. I've been chatting with him back and forth on facebook messenger. I need to take a day and go stop by and check out the rest of his store when he's there and grab a bottle of something. I have to start somewhere. Plus, his selection is amazing.

Pennsylvania BTAC lottery just went live yesterday morning. I am relatively new to all of this. Before I would just buy bourbon and drink it. Now I guess I am a a collector. I blame my friend. It is all his fault.
There's plenty of enablers here too that can help :ROFLMAO:;)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
All good whiskies for sure but the only reason they are unicorns is because people buy into the idea that it's the best out there and in some cases and in some years that may well be true. However, there are many fine bottles out there that offer plenty of enjoyment and that after all is why we drink these beverages. I have had and enjoyed many BTAC's and PVW and enjoyed them. I have a few bottles of Van Winkles that I keep to share with friends. It's not what it was years ago but it is good. These days I enjoy EC Barrel Proof, WT Rare Breed and FR Single Barrels just as much. I would never pay over retail for any of these bottles. As long as someone is willing to pay more than something is worth there will always be folks who will be glad to take their money. High demand means less available supply and someone who just has to have it will part with a lot of money just to have an experience that will in no way meet their overblown expectations. Just an opinion from an old man.