What's new

22 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I just saw a news item about a shooting spree at VA Tech Univ this morning. Up to 20 people shot / killed ... including the gunman :eyequiver

WTF!?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
unbelievable!

during spring break, we hosted a training with our Special Enforcement Detail (swat), entitled Immediate Action Rapid Deployment. This deployment is used when there is an active shooter in a high populace area (school, mall, hospital, etc). The training was held at Santana High. 72 deputies completed the 2-day training. A teacher just handed me two shell casings (blanks) from the AR15 we were using.... ooops! He was slightly relieved when i told him they were from our training....

here's to never having to use the training (yeah, right!)

jeff

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've been following this all day as it's developed, and my heart goes out to anyone in that area. It's tragic and the community will have a lot of healing to do. I wish them the best of luck in doing so.

On a similar note, what kind of person would do something like this? Every time I hear of some ghastly crime, I can't imagine who would even think about doing it. It's pure insanity.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Man this is horrible. I don't know why anyone would do something like this.
My friend Paul goes to Virginia Tech. Hope he's ok.

TYLER