What's new

22 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I believe we have a member here who works there. I think his wife may also. Not a frequent poster but I met them at the Richmond herf a couple years back and they were great folks. If they do indeed work there I hope and pray that they're OK.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Very sickening event today. Turns my stomach each time I hear of this. Local media is all over this today. Our family took some time together and gave some extra hugs and "I love you" tonight. A good time to be thankful for what we have while we are still here.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I didn;t have power all day because of the storm here...I just found out about this!

This is absoolutely horrible! it started after a domestic dispute? from what I understand there were two seperate incidents 2 hours apart from one another??? how does that happen?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know where the campus cops were?

You know, the gun carrying sworn police officers that are assigned to the campus police force.

TWO shooting sprees separated by almost an hour? Where were the people charged with protecting the student body?

My thoughts and prayers to the slain, my condolences to the victims families, and my utmost contempt to the gunman.

:(

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
They thought the dorm shooting was an isolated incident. That's why they never warned anyone or sent any emails out immediately.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
This hits home for me.. I know a few people that grew up there and know quite a few students, as i said everybody is alright..

Secondly having just graduated you think back and realize how truly defense-less you are. This happening at a college campus is not shocking..

Where were the cops.. the better question is who were they supposed to look for? you have 12000 - 25000 kids on campus there is no way to know who you are looking for.. People are complaining that all the school did was to send an email, but that is the only way for a school to get in contact with everybody that is enrolled or goes to school there, everybody has a @vatech.edu account and that is the only way.

I know that at Georgia State we did not have an intercom system, I do not know of any schools that do.. and where would the kids have gone if the news of a lock down was put out too early, you would rather isolate kids in rooms than out in the courtyard and wondering around campus.. that is a large campus and for all the administrators knew the gunman could have been hanging out in the courtyard waiting for people...

I dont know it is a hard situation no matter how you look at it.. Very sad and it makes you think...

The families and the students are in my prayers...