What's new

$25.00 Conundrum......

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I swore I would never be the guy who smoked a $25.00 cigar, I feel it is excessive and not my style.(n)

Never have I paid nearly that much for a CC, the quality and blending just not worth it.:hurting::mooning:

Now I have no choice, many of my sticks have reached the $25.00 mark, and have surpassed it.:greedy:

Even my cheapies would cost $12.00 or more to replace, and good luck finding them.:cry:

Could you imagine smoking $50.00 or $75.00 worth of cigars in a day ?:nailbiting::jawdrop::wideyed:

$200.00 worth in a week ?

Such a problem to have........... :cat: :woot::banghead::joyful:

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
The irritating thing for me about the whole thing is the stuff I was hunting for years and assumed was long gone (RA CFs from 09 for example) that I would have gladly paid 30$ a piece for magically showed up at vendors again at 100$ a piece once the Asian pacific market standardized these ridiculous prices. I’ve moved on; I love a Trini Vigia with some time on it at 15$ a stick but it isn’t worth 45$ fresh (and subpar compared to previous years IMHO)

It Would appear reign of the CC is ending and the “new world” stuff is on the rise. Granted this will also raise the prices for those as well so all around we are screwed so you may as well pay 30$ for a PSD4 and call it a day

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It just plan sucks!!! I really try not to thank about what I am spending, because I smoke (2) CC very night 7 days a week. But it is my only vise that keeps my stress down and I really enjoy. I stopped drinking, don't do drugs (anymore):LOL: What really will blow your mind is a few times a year I go to Herfs where I will smoke (8) cigars a day for 3 days only vintage cigars that I bought 15+ years ago. At todays prices that probably $500 to $800 + a day:oops: I sometimes think man I should sell some of these, but what am I going to do with the $ that brings me this much joy! It will be a sad day when all my vintage cigars are gone:cry: but I can say I enjoyed the hell out of every one of them. After a few close brushes with death:dead: "You only live once"

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is one reason I want to get into rolling. I’m not sure if the tobacco I’ll have access to is all that great, but hopefully I can eventually craft some decent smokes, for hardly a fraction of the cost. I’ll miss my CC’s when they’re all gone, but I’m not playing their game.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
A saw a June vendor special for Reyes @32.50$ a piece….. the special price…. The list of things I would rather do then pay 30+ dollar for a CC PC is vast. Bon voyage my ISOM friends :sick:

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Yeah I will not be buying any Cohiba or Trinidad anytime soon. I really think hard before I reach for a Reyes or a Siglo I as I know I will not replacing them when there gone :cry:
Only reason I even looked was because I had a Vigia the other day and wanted to know what they were going for…. That was a huge mistake. I should’ve just left it in Humidor :LOL:

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Over a $1000 for a cab of RASS and over $500 for BRC's and BBF's :banghead: it is not out of the question. But it's not like the old days when I was buying a few boxes at a time. Purchases are going to be far and few in between!!!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
For the current asking price of most production CC’s (that’s rising all the time) there are at least (and I did the math this morning) 436,231 cigars I would rather smoke. 25$ for a RASS? I would rather smoke an Opus X Oro Perfexcion X or 2 Liga T52 robustos, or 2 Tuxtla Porkchops and a PCR. The math doesn’t make sense, even for dyslexic people o_O

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Four and five years ago I put away a bunch of CC's recommended by the forum and haven't touched them except to inspect. Now I feel like I can't afford to smoke them,
This is what has prevented me from smoking a lot of what I have, but I am just about to the point that I may as well smoke them because I can't take them with me. I'm a Robaina guy, so maybe I'll keep a box or two on hand but other than that, I'm pretty much priced out of the market...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been trying out a bunch of NC stuff to slow my CC consumption a bit and make what I have last a little longer. More than likely I will still spend. little bit on CC's. My thinking is that for 20 years I felt like CC's were the best deal going. Some brands are off limits of course. Cohiba and Trinidad being 2 of them. No Sir Winnies in my future either but Mag 46 and SD4 at 600 doesn't sound that bad to me. Yes it sucks that they were 1/3rd that just a few years ago but honestly I think the price hadn't moved on them very much in 20 years.
Dunbartons highest priced smokes are about 350 a box. The unicorn is about 100 bucks a stick if you can find one. Never had either one and probably never will but those prices seem very high to me compared to Mag 46's and SD 4's which I know I love.
In the end I think it will come down to what is your cigar budget for the year and how much do you want to allocate to CC's? Although some NC's have gotten pretty good and I can enjoy them, they still can't hold a candle to the CC's.

Oh and I wanted to add that the stuff I have on hand I don't even think about the price when I smoke it. The price is really whatever I paid for it before the price increases so the party short I smoked with coffee this morning was a 4 dollar smoke roughly. Not 20. :)

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I look at it this way! I have come really close to death in the past (few times), and after that not much in my humidor is off limits! Also what else makes me happy I don't drink, I don't chase woman (married :LOL:) I spent most of my younger life working on and driving expensive and fast cars so I am over that.
Cigars are my thing, they make me happy and brings me peace! So as long as I can stick to $20 Robustos, $25 Corona Gordas and a lot of Custom Rolled I will live:p And a few times a year I will break into my stash of Vintage cigars and now I have to add Cohiba & Trinidads to that list:cigar: