What's new

260 Remington Long Range Hammer

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Just got it together this last weekend, and it took a bit of time to get the gas system going right. She isn't broken it yet, but I'm measuring .53" @ 100 yards with the 136 Lapua Scenars. The recoil is non-existent... probably cause it weighs about 14# with the can.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thats badass, I have a custom built bolt action .260, I love it. 260 is a great round. are you custom loading? If not what off the shelf rounds do you shoot?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm reloading with Lapua brass and trying out the heavier Berger/Lapua bullet offerings to see what it likes. You don't happen to have a 260 Remington coal measurement doogie from Hornady do you? I'm having a difficult time figuring out when the bullet is touching the lands... damn gas rifles.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I use Hornady ssts and remington brass. You completely lost me on your question, my buddy loads my rounds for me so I have no idea what you asked, haha. I can ask him tonight if he has what you are looking for.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Depending on how this works out, I may build a bolt action for my son. Such a low recoil round with good long range potential. It's between that or maybe the 6x47 Lapua.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Jesus. I need to change my underwear. I got a little too excited by all that sexiness!
I came in to post something so close to this I just had to quote it. Hahaha Britt you and I are on the same page!

That is some nice hardware!

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I'm reloading with Lapua brass and trying out the heavier Berger/Lapua bullet offerings to see what it likes. You don't happen to have a 260 Remington coal measurement doogie from Hornady do you? I'm having a difficult time figuring out when the bullet is touching the lands... damn gas rifles.
I use Hornady ssts and remington brass. You completely lost me on your question, my buddy loads my rounds for me so I have no idea what you asked, haha. I can ask him tonight if he has what you are looking for.
COAL = Cartridge Overall Length. Some books state it as COL.

Sinclair makes a very nice one. One old fashioned way to do it is trial and error using a new bullet in an unprimed, unpowdered case. Blacken the end of the bullet with an indelible marker. Careful measurements and a few adjustments with your seating die and you can get it where you wish.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I know .260 can wear out barrels fairly quickly. Do you expect it to put additional wear and tear on the can? Or are you shooting slightly softer loads?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I know .260 can wear out barrels fairly quickly. Do you expect it to put additional wear and tear on the can? Or are you shooting slightly softer loads?
Good question; it is one in which I have absolutely no direct experience. I'm going to be pushing fairly high pressure rounds through this, but my thoughts are that with a K baffle can and a .30 cal bore most of the build up will be flying back into the chamber or out the dangerous side. This is just pure speculation, but the folks at Surefire have always been real good to me when I send stuff back for service. I guess we'll see. I'm planning on burning through rounds pretty quick on it though since it will be my long range course as well as primary long range hunting rifle this year.