What's new

2Day's Special 2/11/09 ***Barbacoa***

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, I got a request for 2Day's Special and here it is. It serves a blood load of people, yet I hope ye have a shovel handy.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 Lamb leg (6-8lb)
  • Lamb ribs (4lb)
  • 1/2lb previously soaked chickpeas
  • 2lb cubed carrots
  • 6 bay leaves
  • 10 cloves of garlic
  • 10 green tomatoes, unpeeled, cut in 4
  • 2 tbsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 2 onions, cut in 4
  • 4 lt. pulque, beer or water
  • 20 roasted pencas de maguey (see photo at the end)
  • 12 avocado leaves
  • 6 serrano chile peppers
DIRECTIONS
  1. Dig a hole in the ground (1m deep by 1 1/2m wide) and place rocks and wood in the shape of a cross to make a pyramid. Light on fire.
  2. Once it all is well lit (It'll be ~4 hours to light well), take out the rocks (with the shovel) and some wood, and shape the burning wood (when it's already white, whatever the name is).
  3. Place on top of this the maguey leaves weaved (not all), with the tips outside the hole.
  4. Place a pot atop of this filled with everything but the lamb and avocado leaves.
  5. Put a metal rack on top of the pot.
  6. Wrap the lamb and avocado leaves with the remaining maguey leaves an place atop the rack.
  7. Cover with dirt (athick coat), the hot stones and the wood ye took out.
  8. Once it's done (4-5hrs), take out and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
  9. Serve with corn tortillas, chopped onion, chopped cilantro, lime and a salsa.

It should looklike this:

Maguey

Never thought it'd be so hard, oi Greg?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Got any simple & flavorfull Vegitarian recipes?

I like the spicy & sweet, but the wife is vegitarian - looking for some quick, easy & new...

One of my favs is spicy fried tofu over steamed kale & brown rice (lots of ginger, garlic & thia chili peppers, onions & peppers with orange glaze) & add tahini sauce 'sprinkled' over the kale - when the purportions are correct - this is a monster of a meal. Kind of a fancy stir fry.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got any simple & flavorfull Vegitarian recipes?

I like the spicy & sweet, but the wife is vegitarian - looking for some quick, easy & new...

One of my favs is spicy fried tofu over steamed kale & brown rice (lots of ginger, garlic & thia chili peppers, onions & peppers with orange glaze) & add tahini sauce 'sprinkled' over the kale - when the purportions are correct - this is a monster of a meal. Kind of a fancy stir fry.
I have something in mind for Friday's Special...