What's new

2LT Leicht?!?

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I never woulda thunk it either...But that just may be the case in 2 years...I've put in my application to enter the Armys Green to Gold program (for enlisted personnel with 2+ years of college already to leave active duty, with pay, attend final 2 years, and return with commission), and pending my medical clearance, it is a very real possibility I've been told...:bigeyes: Damn, I was just getting used to the idea of not being a private any more, and was contemplating my stripes...

drew

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Awesome. I hope this works out. When my brother-in-law retired as a colonel in the marines, I told him it was sad. We need people in management there that a damn and have been through it. You'll do great Drew.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome. I hope this works out. When my brother-in-law retired as a colonel in the marines, I told him it was sad. We need people in management there that a damn and have been through it. You'll do great Drew.

That is why the Army is pushing the GtG program so heavily right now among the junior enlisted guys...They are finally (maybe) realizing that it is much better to have a couple guys that have BTDT leading their platoons than just having fresh outta college guys..A good mix is what is needed in my not so humble opinion :smile:

drew

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Man that's awesome Drew! Good luck with your degree and ya can't beat the benefits of it!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Thanks! It'll be good to finish up my degree, and get paid while I do it to boot. What was your branch T? I was thinking of going into MI, if I don't stay Cav (er...Armor :smile: )

drew
I was part of Engineering even though we supported intel. I think eventually my MOS will be part of the intel copr though.

I was an 81T which is now 21U or something...Topographic Analyst.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was part of Engineering even though we supported intel. I think eventually my MOS will be part of the intel copr though.

I was an 81T which is now 21U or something...Topographic Analyst.

I think it is a 96-97 series MOS now, but yes, that has been folded into MI AFAIK....

Thanks guys! HOpefully I can make this work out!

drew

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
G'luck Drew! I worked with quite a few former enlisted officers in the USAF and with only one exception, they were fine officers. For what it's worth, one of 'em was an E-7 when he made the jump and said O-1 was the toughest rank he ever held.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No, it is still attached to the Corp of Engineers and is 21U.

Linkage
Indeed it is, I was either thinking of Imagery Analyst (96D) or just talking out my (dammit, I coulda sworn there was a mooning smiley here :grin: )

Thanks again guys! Going today to get my full-size ClassA photo done, and should be able to finalize my packet tomorrow..School acceptance should be coming any day...This just might work...be an odd turn of events in my life, something going right....

drew

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good luck Drew...sounds like a good career move..I had a chance to change my MOS to 96D when I reuped...wish I would have now...I think its one of those job skills that easily trans. to a civilian job..